Rope Wrench

Tr33Climb3r

The rope wrench made my life so much easier today in a tree that I wasn't sure I could make the bid on. That is all.

surveyor

I received an order from Treestuff and included was a magnetic sticker of the new Rope Wrench that incorporates a sheave on the inner friction point, and an opening in the middle that looks useful for clipping in to advance the wrench.
Looks great.

Adam_P

Interesting. Looks like those sheaves you made might have had a bit of influence. Wonder when it's being released..

surveyor

Yes, I think so. What is interesting also is you can have a sheave at both friction points and as long as there is friction on the tail, in the form of a hitch, it seems to work fine. Now with the slanted opening in the middle, it makes me think of using it in a hitch hiker configuration, but with a built in slack tending pulley....

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Now that wrench looking fine. Hope ISC is making it because then it will have some sexy curves. I like sexy curves.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Here is the one my friend Eric made that I now use. Aluminium and light as a feather. Will get the new one for sure as soon as Luke has them. Sold my old heavy original one. Notice the brass sheave that surveyor made. I have had this for a couple of months.

Attachments

wyoclimber

I got the new magnet as well. Think I was more excited about that then I was about the rest of the order. Didn't take long to become a rope wrench addict. Really excited to hear ISC is making the next gen!

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
This I knew just did not want to head down that road. I do still climb majority of the time on Ddrt so I am friends with good ole DMM. But me do love me wrench for certain scenario's.

chris_girard

[ QUOTE ]
I use DMM all the time too man, but i knew they would not be doing the RW :)

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking the same thing too Cary.

opposablethumb

Is the sheave's purpose primarily to effect friction, or primarily to maintain the roundness of the climbing line?

Those climbing on one of Surveyor's sheaves - what kind of differences do you notice with it?

Thanks!