Rope Wrench line advancement

Leafguy

Hi,

So I've been using the WR for a short time and very slowly getting the hang of it. The lanyard over the shoulder doesn't seem to work for me. What are some of you using other then the lanyard? I've seen some pics of a loop over the neck but can't seem to find the pic again.

Thanks for any info

Adam_P

I use a setup similar to a petzl torse. It's got a cam buckle on the front though so I can adjust the length quickly. When I'm not using SRT I lengthen it and clip it to my front buckle.

I'll try to remember to take pics when I get back from vacation. No trees at the beach.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Mine is simply a piece of elastic shockcord with a spring-loaded toggle on both ends of the lanyard. The lanyard girth hitches to my chest ascender/Uni...or the WR in your case. Its simple to adjust the tension or slack it off when you start to work the tree.

The tubular webbing eases the scuffing on my neck.

The pic isn't of my current setup but I think that you'll get the gist of the idea.

Attachments

scrat

[ QUOTE ]
I use a setup similar to a petzl torse. It's got a cam buckle on the front though so I can adjust the length quickly. When I'm not using SRT I lengthen it and clip it to my front buckle.

I'll try to remember to take pics when I get back from vacation. No trees at the beach.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam Adam Adam
I just vacationed in Gloucester for a week, lots of beach time and managed a take down and helped with a youth climb......

scrat

[ QUOTE ]
i have suspenders and simply use a keychain biner off of my suspenders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Derrick
I thought everyone from PA had suspenders?
T

Leafguy

Thanks for the info. I have some tubular webbing and shock cord kicking around so I'll give that a try.

Adam- I'll look for your pics once your back from holidays.

Adam_P

[ QUOTE ]

Adam Adam Adam
I just vacationed in Gloucester for a week, lots of beach time and managed a take down and helped with a youth climb......

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just over the border right now at Hampton Beach. The only thing any youths would be interested in around here is chasin' tail. ;)

Adam_P

Todd, you get it in the basement at my house. :)

I'd ordered a bunch of 3/4" webbing and a bunch of cam buckles online. Strapworks.com is good for that stuff. Snaps from home depot and just stitched at home.

That little cam will slip if you really load it. I kinda like that since it is around my neck. I think the webbing I use is a bit on the smooth side and that contributes.

It's worth making one to see if you like it. Pretty cheap and quick to toss together!