rope runner

TimBr

@Acerxharlowii; I think these attachments of a biner to the slic pin were accidental, and not desired. It was just something of a dangerous fluke that occurred. The two individuals to whom it happened have said they need to keep a sharp eye on their setups in the future to prevent it from happening again. I would be thinking about using some kind of very small clevis instead of a non-locking biner, if it had happened to me. Probably one of those nice, nautical, stainless, spring-loaded ones.

Tim

Worthaug

While using 3:1 with rope runner on a limb walk I was coming back in and it kept closing the bird. Any thoughts on how to avoid this?
There’s a page in the manual that cautions the user about this, be very sure. I think you’ll end up using high redirects and breaking the work/ Tree into columns rather than descending pie shapes, like with moving rope systems, and find the 3:1 to be all but useless except for seriously down turning limbs... just my opinion. I haven’t used a 3:1 in a few years ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There’s a page in the manual that cautions the user about this, be very sure. I think you’ll end up using high redirects and breaking the work/ Tree into columns rather than descending pie shapes, like with moving rope systems, and find the 3:1 to be all but useless except for seriously down turning limbs... just my opinion. I haven’t used a 3:1 in a few years ...

Yeah they highly don’t recommend it. Just was wondering if anyone had tricks on using 3:1 and avoiding it collapsing. Populus opinion has been to suck it up and learn to do it one handed. Lol

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Yeah they highly don’t recommend it. Just was wondering if anyone had tricks on using 3:1 and avoiding it collapsing. Populus opinion has been to suck it up and learn to do it one handed. Lol
Hi. It is all about gaining sharp balance skills. When coming back in keep low centre of gravity taking small steps holding rope then immediately take in slack. Keep repeating this till rope angle improves then you start to get more erect. lol

JontreeHI

Yes Reed and swing I agree
Hey anybody have any tips for swapping out friction pins with out using pliers or vice grips and trashing the threads? I struggle with this

Worthaug

Yes Reed and swing I agree
Hey anybody have any tips for swapping out friction pins with out using pliers or vice grips and trashing the threads? I struggle with this
If you’re swapping them out just vice grip the bollard. If you’re rotating them, crack the first one then gently wedge the plates apart and crack the second one. I’ve never needed vice grips...

Worthaug

Hi. It is all about gaining sharp balance skills. When coming back in keep low centre of gravity taking small steps holding rope then immediately take in slack. Keep repeating this till rope angle improves then you start to get more erect. lol
Also, a natural crotch ponytail can be used as a 3:1. It’s the fact that the three rope parts are all parallel that causes the collapse. Hope that makes sense.