Rope id

just got my second bag of rope from ts but this time I'm having a hard time identifying 2 of them. They are both 3/8ths 12 strand hollow braid. I think the green one might be amsteel. The orange one is throwing me off with the red tracer. Hoping to find out the breaking strength so I can decide what to make.

Attachments

Worthaug

just got my second bag of rope from ts but this time I'm having a hard time identifying 2 of them. They are both 3/8ths 12 strand hollow braid. I think the green one might be amsteel. The orange one is throwing me off with the red tracer. Hoping to find out the breaking strength so I can decide what to make.
I'm willing to bet that they're Spiderline. It's color coded pulling line for the utility industry. Both colors pictured are 100% polyester.

Reed Wortley
CA# SO-6953A
CTSP# 01739

After some google searching I can't seem to find anything on spiderline that resembles this. Everything I found about spiderline seems to show double braid. Would theses be from the usual manufacturers that tree stuff carries, or might this come from someone else?

SomethingWitty

This is the freshest rope ID thread.
Somehow I can't find the other bag-o-rope threads... anyhow, I have decided today that the orange is probably half inch polydyne (in the color that they list for 5/8), but the others are all throwing me off.
All of them are double braid construction. The black 9/16 has a really tight outer braid.
Any guesses? I think I've looked at every line on TS.

Attachments

Worthaug

This is the freshest rope ID thread.
Somehow I can't find the other bag-o-rope threads... anyhow, I have decided today that the orange is probably half inch polydyne (in the color that they list for 5/8), but the others are all throwing me off.
All of them are double braid construction. The black 9/16 has a really tight outer braid.
Any guesses? I think I've looked at every line on TS.
Black is Kernmaster, and the green looks like 3/8" Sta-Set and the white looks like Sta-Set as well.

Reed Wortley
CA# SO-6953A
CTSP# 01739

SomethingWitty

So I checked out Sta-Set. It's close to both of them, but I think it is different unless they have changed the pattern at some point. The flecks are closer together in mine, and there are no red flecks. You can see the end of the rope in this picture, and there isn't a red core. Any other guesses?

Attachments

oldoakman

I have a chunk of the green/red core stuff too. It is more like 11.7 or 12.7mm stuff. Really tight cover, I can't split it to extract the core to splice. I got a bunch that the. Core was.not is so it was basically worthless. That happens with a bag o rope.

SomethingWitty

That big chunk is only 10 feet long... it will either end up being a handrail or something else decorarive. It's too short to even splice one eye.
I was just hoping to make yet another lanyard/rigging deadeye/base anchor sling or anything else from that green stuff. If not, I'll live. This bag had 100ft of beeline, so I scored anyway.

I just got a bag of rope and am unsure of a few. The orange seems to be 11.8-12mm
I have the white with green tracers too. Maybe someone will help us both. Here is my photo.

The white/green looks like it might be Yale Double Esterlon?? See yalecordage.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: