Rope Bridge Options

Definitely goin with black personally. I hear ya with the OCD, i just got my gear dirty climbing for the first time ever!

Holy hell i gotta give it to you guys! Shit aint easy AT ALL! I had to throw a prusik & micro pulley further up for the mechanical advantage to pull my fat ass up and took forever. Kept it below 50ft, i know they say low and slow but couldn't stop pushing it. I gotta get back to the gym! :endesacuerdo: Or buy an APTA & a Wraptor. Almost took a nap laying on a branch at the 20-25ft mark, i am beat!

image.jpg

Nope, still have more to buy. I was just DdRT over natural crotches advancing TIP's as i went. I'm sure those would make it easier. I'm right handed & legged? So not sure which combo i should go with. Funny you should ask, i was thinkin the same in the tree. "Man i bet a foot ascender would make all the difference".

I setup a combo of SRT with a basal tie in and pulley up in the air to DdRT to play around with. It seems like SRT would be a huge advantage once i'm used to swinging around a bit. It's a weird feeling when you sway in the opposite direction you think youre going to. If i got a Right pantin, do i need a left hand ascender? Or does that not matter..? Like could i eventually get a Right foot, saka left and right hand ascender?

Dave Rohach

I've got more gear than 4 climbers actually need, with the Rt ft ascender & SAKA you don't need a hand ascender unless you want to have a mechanical advantage, but DDRT is .5:1, SRT is 1:1, so all you are using your hands for are to keep you vertical & not leaning back.

Dave6390 in WI

Lucky man! At the moment i'm out on medical so it's been slow going putting together my kit but i'll def keep that in mind. Wasn't sure if they had to be opposite for some reason (right foot/left hand or left foot/right hand). I'll be sure to grab the saka and right pantin as soon as i can. I appreciate the advice!

Dave Rohach

When you use a foot & knee ascender in tandem it's like walking up a ladder. It's very easy compared to left hand right foot and vise versa. Your legs do all the work. My gear has come to me at a great expense. I've got the equivalent of 6 lg Tupperware boxes for gear, 2 for splicing, & over 30 ropes in their own bags. Not to mention, 4 gear bags, & every ascending device on/off the market, with the exception of the new "Akimbo", my next purchase is the "BOLA" by Gordon "The Surveyor", I love his designs.

Dave6390 in WI

I'm sure, instead of buying a complete start kit i went ahead and chose my own gear seperately and built little by little over time and almost $2k later i'm just now able to start climbing and still need some equipment. Can't imagine what youve got invested!

Dave Rohach

I've got 2 daughters that I taught to climb, back when they were still learning to walk. Now, ones in her 3rd year of college, my baby is a jr in HS, they still go climbing with me 5-6 times a year. There's nothing more rewarding than seeing what you have taught them and how they've modified their own gear to improve the best methods for them. It definitely makes me feel old & proud... We have a trip setup for next spring in C'our de Lane, WA. We have a large chunk of family land, for 4 generations now. Just can't wait to see what they've learned since our last climb. My Baby has followed in my footsteps for quite a while, now.

Dave6390 in WI

Thats great! My 6yo son wanted to climb with me today but i'm gonna wait till i have more experience and still have to find him a saddle and hardhat. He's a big boy and fits my Kask Super Plasma which surprised me. His measurements can actually fit a XS or S size Cougar although i'm sure i won't get him a work saddle. I cant wait to climb with him! Must be a great way to spend time and i'll enjoy watching him learn. Plus a good way to keep him in shape since most of the time, since he lives with his mother, he sits around all school week parked in front of the TV with an Ipad playing games everyday. Gonna start with some basics for him and if he's serious and loves it i'll start building his own kit and let him pick all the stuff he'd like to try. Great way to bond with him!

Crimsonking

I'm trying to get as clear a pic, that I can:
View attachment 34614 View attachment 34615
I hope these help. View attachment 34616
I really would like to use the CT Roll n Lock, but I have another use in mind.

Dave6390 in WI
Thanks, that helped. I've been using a stopper knot to shorten my bridge, but am gradually warming up to some minor adjustability. Probably no more than standard to short, but imstarting to think a mechanical will be easier than knotting.

Anyone have a spare they might sell or trade?

Dave Rohach

So Climber, do you have a dyneema bridge between the 2 silver rings on your midline attachments of your saddle, now? And you want to incorporate a rope adjusting bridge, to take its place! That's what the pics that you posted, sort of show. I'll need to do some homework to get the entire layout and strapping routes to make a more edumacated guess, as to what you need to do in order to incorporate an adjustable bridge made out of rope. You could make a spliced eye w/ a plastic eye protector on the left side, then run your rope through the Liger Paw, grommet, & Kong RM2, them allow for max length & splice another eye on the right side. Deleting any knots & streamlining your entire bridge without any knots to get hung up or dangling from the saddle. Best of Luck!

Dave6390 in WI

So Climber, do you have a dyneema bridge between the 2 silver rings on your midline attachments of your saddle, now? And you want to incorporate a rope adjusting bridge, to take its place! That's what the pics that you posted, sort of show. I'll need to do some homework to get the entire layout and strapping routes to make a more edumacated guess, as to what you need to do in order to incorporate an adjustable bridge made out of rope. You could make a spliced eye w/ a plastic eye protector on the left side, then run your rope through the Liger Paw, grommet, & Kong RM2, them allow for max length & splice another eye on the right side. Deleting any knots & streamlining your entire bridge without any knots to get hung up or dangling from the saddle. Best of Luck!

Dave6390 in WI

I'm liking your ideas, can i ask where you found the CT paws in black?

IMG_0959.jpg

After the first climb yesterday it seemed i found i was less than concerned about the bridge than i was with everything else. I believe it's dyneema but not sure (TS site just says "webbing bomb proof bridge"). The webbing or ring to ring length of the bridge is 8.5" installed and the rings themselves are 2" O.D. With the bridge being so tight i thought i would have problems with it at height but after climbing for awhile i actually had to tighten the waist belt 2 full notches. I took a long swing an inverted upside down, i don't know why i haven't tried this years ago! I've never been fond of heights but none of that mattered when i was climbing.

IMG_0957.jpg
This is the stock bridge, it has 2 grommets on each side. I thought it would constricting but like i said, it was the last thing on my mind yesterday. I think i may let this bridge be until it's time to replace it (or not) but i think my next buy is the SAKA & Foot ascender. Is it weird that my right knee is crunching today? :risas2:

IMG_0959.jpg

The Liger mod consists of removing the bridge, rings & the 2" leg strap supports that hang to the leg straps. All this can be done without anything cut. The youtube vid link below shows the mod in pretty decent detail..

DSMc

....This is the stock bridge, it has 2 grommets on each side. I thought it would constricting but like i said, it was the last thing on my mind yesterday. I think i may let this bridge be until it's time to replace it.....
This is a good choice. As a relatively new climber you will be the safest on a knotless bridge due to the fact it is one less thing that needs to be constantly checked.