Rope Bridge Options

Quick question if anyone might know, could the lower TreeMotion 'D's be used in the Liger Mod on the Weaver Cougar? And if so, are they available seperately as opposed to purchasing the entire TM?

I would have loved the TM but being a big boy, that saddle wouldn't make it past my knees. If i remember correctly it's only available up to 36" or 38"..

Dave Rohach

That's correct C429, it goes from 30"-38"max. I'm not familiar w/ the Weaver Cougar, I went from the Sequoia to the TreeMotion. Which, I'll never move to a different one than the TM. I'm a 33" waist in the warmer months, 35-36" in the cold ones. The bridge rings on the TM are unique to other saddles, the MCRS or others that use the paws for the Rope Bridge, would allow the Kong to be used correctly. Standard rings won't accommodate the RM2, since there's nothing to support or be back plated for proper support. I used (2)100lb tie wraps with spring steel locking tabs to hold the device in place & make the adjustment of the Bridge One handed to shorten, then pull the small lanyard to lengthen the bridge. YoYoMan did point out that the Cam works far better than toothed ascenders in this application..

Dave6390 in WI

Here ya go,
View attachment 34608
View attachment 34609
I hope these give you the info that you're after. Best of Luck!

Dave6390 in WI

Thanks bud! They might actually work. I just have to find out if i can get em seperate from the harness. The Cougar Med size is 36"-40" & Large is 40"-44". I run 38"-40" so the Medium will fit but not during colder weather. So i'd assume the TM wouldn't work for me since a 36"-40" i have to squeeze into and use the last notch. And today i see the MCRS @ TS for only $399!!! + 15% off!! Black Friday sale. Damn i wish i would have known!

Tuebor

Grommet between the Kong and bridge D?

And you're begging the question: why Kong over CT? And what are you doing with the CT? I have one sitting around the house looking for some lovin'.

Dave Rohach

Then use the CT, I just didn't want to use it on a stationary placement when I can use it for an adjustable hand ascender, or something more hi tec
The rubber grommet is a 1/2"X1 1/2" hole seal for thin steel. It keeps the Kong from coming in contact w/ the D ring, don't want to scrape the anodizing. it's just a buffer.

Dave6390 in WI

Dave Rohach

I'm curious if you could use the small Paw Rigging Plate, they're rated for 30KNs. You'd have to roll & fold the webbing, maybe put a piece of tubular webbing & heat shrink where it rests on the Paws edge? Just an idea!

Dave6390 in WI

I'm curious if you could use the small Paw Rigging Plate, they're rated for 30KNs. You'd have to roll & fold the webbing, maybe put a piece of tubular webbing & heat shrink where it rests on the Paws edge? Just an idea!

Dave6390 in WI

Yeah the paws were what i was originally gonna use, the Cougar webbing has spots on the webbing where it's folded and sewn where the paws would fit.

image.jpg
The extensions below the bridge can come off to displace more weight onto the leg straps instead of the waist

image.jpg

This is the right side bridge connection, where i was gonna go with Petzl open rings or paws. I guess there really wouldn't be a way to get the TM 'D's on them without cutting the sewing

I'm not sure if its the paw you speak of but "Liger Mod" on youtube shows the correct paws that fit (i wanna say CT paws). It's difficult to see dimensions without the devices in question, i should have held measuring tape next to it. I know most smaller paws won't fit but the bigger ones (shown in the video) can slip on and offer the extra lower attachment points.

Dave Rohach

That's the OCD, working! Don't want to scratch the anodizing on my Midline Plates.
I've got the CT & GM, small & medium plates. The mediums are way to big. The stalls are the same size as the MCRS. I'll have to do some research on the "Ligers".

Dave6390 in WI

Dave Rohach

These are what I found from an older post on the Buzz:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448650645.528123.jpg
I think I have the same size in Black, I wonder if they would do the trick. Did I mention, that they're Black? They'll blend right in to the saddle.

Dave6390 in WI