ronin powered ascender

Oroboros

I emailed some questions. Copied and pasted the replies.

Mike

Let me know if I missed any of your questions.

1. Weight with battery 18lbs
2. Power up ascending gravity driven descent.
3.Comes with one standard battery. We also have large battery little less than double the size.
4. Small battery $150.00 Large battery $200.00
5.No tools are necessary to swap a battery.
6. 500 will be available at $799.00 500 will be available at $899.00 and 1000 will be available at $999.00. We will retail after Kickstarter at 1199.00

I just saw these questions also.

1. Rope 9-12mm
2. With the small battery you will get about 2400ft of Rope.
3. Not mid line attachable.

Spread the word to your friends we love arborist

If you have any other questions let me know.

Many Thanks

Bryant Bertrand
Ronin Revolution
CEO

Last edited:

Hoowasat

Lift speed of 2 feet per second. That's it? Other battery-powered ascenders are variable speed with some reaching 10 feet per second (plus being submersible). Granted, 2'/sec is reasonable and 10'/sec is way too fast for tree work, but what about slower speeds?

Boomslang

Lift speed of 2 feet per second. That's it?
That's a 25 second footlock. A lot of competitive climbers can't do that let alone your average worker. I don't see how it's that slow?

How does it compare to a well known arborist powered ascender, the Ropetek Wraptor? It's faster, lighter, likely quieter due to battery power, has no exhaust, and all at a third of the price of the Wraptor. I'd say that's a good deal.

Last edited:

Oroboros

Just saw the Ronin ascender it looks fast, affordable and compact enough. Not yet available they're still raising kickstarter money but it would be nice to get some reviews. Maybe they could let me demo one. https://changeyourelevation.com/
Bevin, good to see you back. How was your season?

This autocorrect is really pissing me off! My main question was: what fail safe features are designed into it?
I was wondering the same.

Hoowasat

What price point are those other ascenders at ?
They are military grade and appear to be targeting operations by special forces since they're submersible. One of the websites stated sales were only to "official" organizations, and the other asked that you contact them directly regarding sales. It would not surprise me if they are around $10K or more each.
2' per second is 50 seconds to go 100 feet. That's faster than I can climb.
My Wraptor travels a smidgeon slower at 100 feet per 60-seconds, which is a very comfortable walking speed. 2'/sec equates to one mile in 44 minutes ... that's a very slow walking pace. The only downside to the Wraptor's ascent is the manual suggests full-throttle ascension to avoid wearing out the clutch prematurely ... you really shouldn't feather it, but it is quite manageable. When I questioned the 2'/sec speed of the Ronin, I had half-expected to see the capability to ascend at slower speeds.

EDIT TO ADD: Regardless, the company sounds like a start-up, so I'll wait until the bugs are worked out.

I saw us mentioned on this forum. I would be happy to read through all the questions and respond periodically.

1. The Ronin Lift has a variable speed trigger similar to a power drill so you can go between 0.5ft - 2ft per second.
2. We have a manual brake and a auto lock out feature as a fail safe. The brake is a mechanical hard stop so there is not friction material that will wear out over time.
3. We have not made any conferences at this time we hope to see you all at some in 2017. Any suggestions for some good conferences to attend?

Let me know if I missed anyone's questions. You guys seem like a great forum group I hope to learn a ton from you all.

Also sign up to win a free Ronin Lift. I have attached the entry form.

Bryant Bertrand
Ronin Revolution
CEO

Attachments

oldoakman

Thanks for checking in. I'm sure there will be a lot of questions and suggestions. One that has already been mentioned is midline attachment of the unit, a definite plus for tree guys. And I have already registered for the drawing for the free unit. Pm me and I'll give you the address for shipping.

Oroboros

Thanks for checking in. I'm sure there will be a lot of questions and suggestions. One that has already been mentioned is midline attachment of the unit, a definite plus for tree guys. And I have already registered for the drawing for the free unit. Pm me and I'll give you the address for shipping.
Not mid line attachable.
I added that in an edit above. You probably read it before it was added.