Responsibid

OasisTree

Ok, Responsibid has teamed up with Jobber. I had a personal sales presentation the other day, and am still not convinced that their model works for the tree service industry.
I like the idea and their guarantee, but am still skeptical.
Do any of you have any experience with using them?

Tr33Climb3r

We run jobber and have for years. We looked at that bid thing and it doesn't seem to fit what we have at all. Tree care has to many variables. This bid thing was for things like enter size of your window and this is the price to wash it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OasisTree

We run jobber and have for years. We looked at that bid thing and it doesn't seem to fit what we have at all. Tree care has to many variables. This bid thing was for things like enter size of your window and this is the price to wash it.
Thats where I am at, however I like the concept. But there are tree guys that are using it! This is targeting the computer-literate generation that wants an immediate price estimate on their work. There are many variables, the client usually doesnt have a good feel for what we need for access, and is not good at judging height or diameter of the tree.
But I could see it working to generate quotes for salesmen that use the product. It is completely customizeable, I think we will give the product a try and see if they can help us make it work for us. Their guarantee is that if you are not making money with it, you do not pay them.

SomethingWitty

Is the price firm or can you add some sort of waiver? Like :'' An on-site assessment must be completed before accepting the bid.''
Man, imagine the lost jobs when the average equation says that a 20" dbh pine 60' tall is $800 to haul off, but you get there and it is stone dead and actually more like 28" in diameter and 80 feet tall and it is in a closet above a koi pond and greenhouse and there is nothing around to rig to and you have to say that the service that got you the call is dumb and it is a $3000 tree because it is more cost effective for you to hire a damned crane than to throw bodies at it cutting and rigging cookies for two days.

Trees don't work that way.

Except for this one tree service that I met that just charged 3k to drive to your house in the morning and then $50 per tree that they managed to get done.

Reactions: evo

evo

Except for this one tree service that I met that just charged 3k to drive to your house in the morning and then $50 per tree that they managed to get done.
I like that scale... Typically I charge by the pound... $3.25 for a hard wood, and $1.75 for soft.. Do I know how much it weights? The hell I do!