Replacing rope bridge

Wanting to replace the rope bridge on my Buckingham Rebellion saddle. It still looks fine, but better to do it before it looks bad. Any suggestions? I have some short pieces of Tachyon, will that work or get something better?

Thanks, Mike

moss

That's awesome! Cool thing about the Platinum is the interlocked cover and core means even more security against the core slipping through a stopper knot in a shock-loading scenario, as you mentioned earlier in this thread.
-AJ

Treezybreez

That's awesome! Cool thing about the Platinum is the interlocked cover and core means even more security against the core slipping through a stopper knot in a shock-loading scenario, as you mentioned earlier in this thread.
-AJ
Yes, I think the excuse that the makers of the TM gave for not selling globe 3000 in bulk was that the cover and core could move if they were not stitched. I never had a problem with it though. Anyway Platinum address their concerns in my opinion.

Z'sTrees

Been using platinum for a few years now. I replace my bridge twice a year or thereabouts.
That being said, your tachyon would be fine, I think it's more important to replace it frequently than what to replace it with (barring high modulus fibers).

Brocky

Would bridges last longer if there was a bigger bend radius than what the rings, swivels, and carabiners, mostly used now, provide? Rope manufacturers recommend at lease a 3-1 ratio. For a 1/2" rope, that would be a 3/4" diameter connector, not the 3/8, or smaller being used now.