Red Maple Variety ID

flyingsquirrel25

Well I know what a red maple looks like... But there has to be 10 or 15 different varieties that grow readily here in SE PA. I have a client (HOA), that has 5-6 red maples planted in a portion of open space but doesn't have the landscape plans for the area. They have tasked me with providing a quote for planting an additional 5-6 trees to fill in a space that the builders seemed to have just left blank. The kink... plant the same variety. When we looked at them they were a redish orange fall color (cant really go by that as we had a crap year). But they still had leaves after many other reds had already lost them. Does anyone have a resource for identifying different varieties? The interweb seams to be about useless as far as I can tell.
Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide!

This is a old book but has some good pics and identification pictures and info on just about everything. Should be able to find it at local library. 6AFFA779-F8BB-4062-9FBC-9D9A86A54B11.jpeg

flyingsquirrel25

Just sayin, know that you already know this, big mistake to plant more Red Maples. have to diversify.
Thanks for you vote of confidence. I am well aware of the diversity question and problem. This development actually has a great street tree diversity when looking at it as a whole, pin oaks, willow oaks, red & sugar maples, zelcovas and even some green ash. It was like someone had a clue when they designed it... but as usual fell short with the idiots planting!!! And then of course the record keeping is atrocious.