Record Keeping

Steve Connally

Anyone know of an APP or have any PDF fillable forms for pre-use, daily, monthly, annual inspection of the rigging components? Vehicle daily, pretrip, monthly annual inspections? Articulating boom crane daily, monthly forms? The manufacturer will do the annual OSHA inspections. I'd like to have them on my work computer for record keeping. If not I could do paper copies and scan them and store on the computer.

Ideas? What are all you crane vets doing for record keeping?

flyingsquirrel25

Google forms can be set up for maintenance and inspection stuff. I have one set up for my equipment maintenance. I just input a few important data points hit submit and it records to a spreadsheet on my drive that I can get to from any device almost anywhere.

Steve Connally

Google forms can be set up for maintenance and inspection stuff. I have one set up for my equipment maintenance. I just input a few important data points hit submit and it records to a spreadsheet on my drive that I can get to from any device almost anywhere.
Is there a tutorial for us computer tards? How did you go about setting it up?

Last edited:

flyingsquirrel25

Is there a tutorial for us computer tards?
Believe me, if I figured it out, it should be a breeze for you. Google does give you a tutorial the first time you try it.
https://www.google.com/forms/about/?utm_source=gaboutpage&utm_medium=formslink&utm_campaign=gabout
They can be set up as check boxes, multiple choice, fill in. All sorts of things. I can send you a link to my maintenance form, but you must promise me you wont fill it out toooooo many times because it will record on my response sheet.

What about posting or sending a screenshot, would that be easier? I've been toying with the idea of making forms for maintenance and logs myself.

flyingsquirrel25

What about posting or sending a screenshot, would that be easier? I've been toying with the idea of making forms for maintenance and logs myself.
Sorry I guess I could have thought of that. The only thing is you can't see the functionality of the form. But if you have used forms you know how to create them, if not a couple hours of playing around figuring it out can do wonders.

IMG_0216.PNG

The equipment line is a drop down that has all of my equipment listed so I can choose which I would like to enter a record for.
IMG_0218.PNG
Date and hours/miles are fill in.
Description is what they call check boxes, meaning you can check all that apply.

This is the record;
IMG_0217.PNG

Don't hate cause I stopped recording every time I grease the chipper. It got old fast. She gets greased every 6-8 hrs.

I get to it through a favorites shortcut in Safari.

Hah, don't apologize! I just thought you may prefer that as then you wouldn't have entries into your forms. Those forms look really well thought out, and super simple to use. Nice!

flyingsquirrel25

Hah, don't apologize! I just thought you may prefer that as then you wouldn't have entries into your forms. Those forms look really well thought out, and super simple to use. Nice!
The system works for me. I sent it to Steve through pm and he didn't mess around too much just enough to figure it out (no entries). I definitely wasn't going to post the link on the open forum. The biggest point I wanted to make was their functionality and ease of use. 15 seconds and I have it recorded and onto the next task.

Steve Connally

I made the daily DVIR on google docs. Next i'll do the daily, monthly, and quarterly inspections for the crane as well as rigging gear pre use inspection. That should cover me. It's pretty easy. The DVIR took about 30 minutes to make once I figured it out.