Reccomendation for Crane and Rigging Books

Steve Connally

I searched amazon and didn't see much. I was looking for a good book where I can broaden my knowledge should I venture into doing non tree related crane work.

deevo

I searched amazon and didn't see much. I was looking for a good book where I can broaden my knowledge should I venture into doing non tree related crane work.
Steve can't really answer your question about the books but what I did the last 2 winters during the slower times is went out with my crane guy who I've been using the last 12 years and just go through the motions with him watch the way he sets the cranes up, uses different blocks ( not that it applies to k booms ) slings, sling angles, where he gets other trades to hook onto to for balancing etc. Where and where
Not to be setting up, driving etc. I learned a ton from him and still ask him questions when I need answers. It's made me a very confident operator already ! He let me run the crane at some jobs also and gave me an added boost of confidence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Connally

Cool. Thanks Reed. Devon. I spent a week with Rick and that was a game changer but I won't have that luxury once crane time starts. I wish I was closer to him. I'd bug the hell out of him. (As if I already don't)

SJ_Treeguy

Ya that Steve Beep Conelly is a pain in my beep LOL !!!! greatest guy you would ever want to meet and be friends with !!!

I need to call you more often and catch up !!