quickbooks

stevebullman

im thinking about doing my accounts on the computer in the future. i will probably use quickbooks as i have been using quicken for years and im familiar with how it operates. anyone use quickbooks or would recommend anything else?

tophopper

I use QB and it sure makes things easy. I would recommend using it, but I cannot say I have experience with any other accounting software so my opinion is biased.
Do you have an accountant? what software do they use?

sarumono

Make the switch. You won't regret it. We used quickin for years, made the switch last year and won't go back. we are using the pro version.

davespencer

My issue was with their customer service. I used quick books but when I bought a new computer and tried to transfer it over, it told me I had to call and register to get a new serial number in order for it to work longer than 30 days. I immediatley called the number and went through about 5 minutes of automated menus, then it said sorry, all the operators are busy and try to call again later. Then it just hung up on me! I called several times a week, trying different times of the day. I even called 3 times after my 30 day trial expired and then I gave up out of frustration.

Lets see, 4 times a week times 4 weeks plus 3 extra calls times five minutes = an hour and a half of my life they owe me.

I would never use "quick" software again. But I am a pretty bitter guy.

Dave

stevebullman

[ QUOTE ]
I use QB and it sure makes things easy. I would recommend using it, but I cannot say I have experience with any other accounting software so my opinion is biased.
Do you have an accountant? what software do they use?

[/ QUOTE ]

i do have an accountant...im going to see her next week, i'll see what she has to say

tophopper

[ QUOTE ]
My issue was with their customer service. I used quick books but when I bought a new computer and tried to transfer it over, it told me I had to call and register to get a new serial number in order for it to work longer than 30 days. I immediatley called the number and went through about 5 minutes of automated menus, then it said sorry, all the operators are busy and try to call again later. Then it just hung up on me! I called several times a week, trying different times of the day. I even called 3 times after my 30 day trial expired and then I gave up out of frustration.

Lets see, 4 times a week times 4 weeks plus 3 extra calls times five minutes = an hour and a half of my life they owe me.

I would never use "quick" software again. But I am a pretty bitter guy.

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

When I got a new computer, the same thing. I had to reregister and needed the number to do so. So I called QB for the reg #, and almost immediatly got a live person. i told him I needed the number for my old version of QB and he replied by saying " oh your using QB 2000? We may have some troubles finding that number." I said "what?, surely you have it" he proceeded to tell me how my version is outdated and so on. I basically told the guy that that was BS and to get me the number, and that this little ploy to get me to purchase the newest version is not going to work. Wouldn't ya know 5 seconds later he says "oh, I see we do still have that number, here it is sir"

Aside from that little snafoo, Ive been real happy with QB. The real reason I use it though is cuz thats what my accountant uses, and when he charges me 45 per hour I want things to go as quickly and smoothly as possible when he's doin my books.

Mangoes

uhh....snafoo.....SNAFU....military joke detailing the status of management. "Situation Normal, All F Up"