Pull ups

I agree with mixing it up with weights. Funny though, I didn't buy the vest. I wear a backpack and stuff it with weights and pyramid. The funny part is I don't skimp on spending money for things that I will use, but this isn't one?

I did 43 pull ups the week of my 43rd b day and video taped it. It was a bet at work. Can't say they all looked pretty but my chin went above the bar for sure .

Any of you guys remember when Teufelberger had a pull up comp at TCI Expo? That was my idea. Not everyone liked it but some guys did it everyday. At the end of day 2 Lars made me come by and try to beat the 2 day winner. He told me the guy did like 30 pull ups. I did 2 more just to try to win and then he said that the other guy could have another go to try to top me and did 1 more than that. It was good stuff, but I smacked Lars for not telling me that he could go again :cool:

JoshR

Haha good one! The bad thing is that i may not fit trough tight crothes in trees cause my shoulders get to wide.
Haha funny Andrus and, hello all. I just started to do some pull ups as well...I'm taking a "not too much pain" approach right now. About a week ago I started with whatever was easy to do and I've worked my way up to 9 today. Whoever mentioned form, good call, thanks for bringing it up. To go along with that, form, the fellow that mentioned the tendon damage, Chris_girard very interesting, never would I have thought. I don't an official diagnosis but, I'm definitely having some chronic problems with the tendon that is in the funny bone area. If anyone has advice concerning that I would lice to hear it.

Sgriff

The infamous elbow pain... Tragic,stop one handing the 020 so far out from your body for like a week,usually helps me. I put the pull ups aside and pick different ways to get my curl sets out of the way in a manner that doesn't piss off my elbow inflammation,i still do shoulders and back but just not so much pull-ups,and im talkin the real chin up version.it's in the same spot too,really flares up when a pruning cut comes off hard and smack it on the tree some how....

MrBill

Box jump pull ups.. they may look silly but activate more of you're fast twitch muscles and do a # on you're cardio. that was a good training tool back in the motocross days, but basically always keep the body guessing by mixing it up and don't fall into any routine for too long.

Last edited: