Powers spur scender

treegongfu

The 0.1875" plate is a little too thick and sits about 1mm proud.( exhausted my knowledge of fractions of an inch and demand the imperialists use a little metric)

Finally, here is a pic with the tree gaff installed on the bottom spur.(sorry about bluriness of pictures my camera lense is cracked)

Attachments

Huskyman

Has anybody tried a DMM XSRE biner for hooking up the HAAS connection plate?
Maybe it's too weak? It's rated for 4kN only. A regular biner is a bit bulky....

macswan

From haas to spur? Any reasonable micro biner will do. The xsre will be plenty good, more than enough.
Has anybody tried a DMM XSRE biner for hooking up the HAAS connection plate?
Maybe it's too weak? It's rated for 4kN only. A regular biner is a bit bulky....

Last edited:

treegongfu

My powerscender separated from the backing plate today. I am distressed !

I I've come to rely on them.

Does anyone know of they were rivited on and the type of rivet?

And where is Mike Powers?

MikePowers321

I was wondering where you were in general but also because I knew that you would have the answer on how or if I cld re-rivet the ascender.
I have been around here and there, I suppose . Been real busy and haven't played on the internet much lately. Though I have been drooling over the Akimbo for some time now.

This whole "owning your own small business" stuff is alot of work. Especially building up from pretty much nothing in terms of equipment. However, its been satisfying as well. I kinda miss leaving work, at work, at the end of the day:cool:.

Oh, and...

I use an air powered rivet squeezer similar to what yoyoman linked above. Though you could probably get away with a manual squeezer like so....though I have not attempted it as it would would likely be a little awkward.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hand-Rivet-...%3A277ac32815c0aa11ecda3c29fffd5785%7Ciid%3A1