Powers spur scender

JontreeHI

Mike done me good too. I went with the cmi ascender and he mounted it right to the shank, really nice because the line runs clear of the spike, and is totally out of the way for normal spurring action. Really solid attachment.
I've only been using it for a few weeks, and been doing lots of pruning, but it's awesome, no more messing with cumbersome foot ascender underneath hooks. I hope to get some action shots or video up soon!
Thanks again Mike!

oldoakman

Careful not to mis handle that spur and gaff that ape foot :). Looks like fine work. I guess next to the spike makes sense for location of ascender as opposed to above it . Sweet!
I was thinking the same thing. About the foot that is. Mike, I'll be expecting my royalty check in the mail.

Treetopflyer

Mike done me good too. I went with the cmi ascender and he mounted it right to the shank, really nice because the line runs clear of the spike, and is totally out of the way for normal spurring action. Really solid attachment.
I've only been using it for a few weeks, and been doing lots of pruning, but it's awesome, no more messing with cumbersome foot ascender underneath hooks. I hope to get some action shots or video up soon!
Thanks again Mike!
Jon show them pics:foto:! The location of your ascender is different than macs ?

macswan

Problem with those is they only go on the distels. If you have a spare footie lying around send it to mike to get a plate or mounted on the shank. With the plate the only problem we encountered was that mikes buckinghams had different gaffs than mine, so I had to do a little retrofitting upon arrival. Just make sure of the gaff attachment before pulling the trigger

John_KAYS

Problem with those is they only go on the distels. If you have a spare footie lying around send it to mike to get a plate or mounted on the shank. With the plate the only problem we encountered was that mikes buckinghams had different gaffs than mine, so I had to do a little retrofitting upon arrival. Just make sure of the gaff attachment before pulling the trigger
True! I hadn't really researched them too much...I just saw them as new additions on Treestuff and liked the idea of putting the line offset from the gaff. It looks like Mike's fix is a little more economical too. Nice work on that!

macswan

Looks sexy in that gunmetal. Got to use mine today, loved it! Have it oriented pointing backwards on the left shank. Think I will try to switch it to the right shank as I think the configuration will be more ergonomic

MikePowers321

Looks sexy in that gunmetal. Got to use mine today, loved it! Have it oriented pointing backwards on the left shank. Think I will try to switch it to the right shank as I think the configuration will be more ergonomic
When you switch sides, the ascender is going to be pointing towards your toe. Let me know how that feels for you. I'm curious.

I wasn't a fan but different strokes for different folks.

macswan

Yeah, it looks like that will be more in line with how it is oriented on my foot normally, but I could be wrong.

It could just feel weird cause I usually have the footie on my right and the haas on the left

MikePowers321

Yeah, it looks like that will be more in line with how it is oriented on my foot normally, but I could be wrong.

It could just feel weird cause I usually have the footie on my right and the haas on the left
Yeah I agree, lefty felt weird for me too. I think it pointing forward will snag the rope more, and kind of gets in the way of your point of view. Keep me posted.