Potential ramrod mini skid steer buyers beware

I ordered a mini skidsteer from ramrod back in December, now it's the end of March. I have called them many times and left messages, apparently the phones that they have only take in calls, they never call you back. The customer service is horrible. When I bought the machine back in December I was told it would take about 2 weeks to get my machine. It is now coming up on 5 months, still nothing. This is very frustrating to say the least. The machines work great this will be the 5th ramrod I will own, if it ever gets here (considering I paid for it in full back in december). I'm pretty easy to deal with but this not the way to treat a repeat customer or any customer for that matter. I'm a business owner, if I treated customers like this I would be laughed out of town.

96coal449

Try this but use my example to your advantage. I was a customer to a lawyer for a minor traffic ticket that I got from a bad cop. I called the prominent lawyer of the area. Talked to the secretary and left a message. No call back. A week goes by. Now I really wanted to do business with this guy because he was also a judge of the same court and I know how the money game goes so ..... I leave a second message with the sec and state my court date's coming up. 5 more days go by and now I'm kind pissed so I call back with intentions of telling him off. I get an answering machine so I take a couple of breaths and wait.
BEEP ..... ''My name is Craig and this is my 3rd unsuccessful call at getting my case into your office. Since you are forcing me to look elsewhere you can disregard this message. Just remember one bad referral is worth ten good ones."
The next morning he calls me back takes my information and a brief description of what happened. Then wants my ticket in his office asap. I have my girl drop it off the next morning. I get a court letter in the mail for an extended court date of 1wk. I go to court and it's dropped down to a parking violation. I pay the measly fine and go on my way. I never met the lawyer and he never sent me a bill.

Oroboros

I ordered a mini skidsteer from ramrod back in December, now it's the end of March. I have called them many times and left messages, apparently the phones that they have only take in calls, they never call you back. The customer service is horrible. When I bought the machine back in December I was told it would take about 2 weeks to get my machine. It is now coming up on 5 months, still nothing. This is very frustrating to say the least. The machines work great this will be the 5th ramrod I will own, if it ever gets here (considering I paid for it in full back in december). I'm pretty easy to deal with but this not the way to treat a repeat customer or any customer for that matter. I'm a business owner, if I treated customers like this I would be laughed out of town.
Unfortunately this is not surprising to hear about this company. Their exceptionally poor customer service has been discussed on this forum before. Ramrod is one product I would never buy based on stories like this.

Oroboros

I just went and checked out their website. Some really nice looking products there. Articulating loader. Looks like an Avant 420 knock off. 3300lb capacity tracked mini skid. Too bad they don't have their shit together.

It is now April 24. I ordered and paid for my ramrod skidsteer back on December 9 2016 (I figured out better specify the year Cuz who knows when I will actually get it). I still have not gotten my machine yet, I have heard every excuse in the book, I'm pretty sure somebody's grandma has died about 20 times...lol ......I will keep you guys updated, if there is any progress...

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Did you pay in full or give a deposit?

Sometimes the threat, real or actual, to call your state Attorney General and also the AG of their dealer and home office state. Rattle some chains

Best of luck ironing out this situation

96coal449

I like Tom's idea. Since you paid in full I'd actually make the call. Don't let more time pass .... AT ALL!
The more time that goes on without you taking further action, the tougher it will become.

Gorman

It is now April 24. I ordered and paid for my ramrod skidsteer back on December 9 2016 (I figured out better specify the year Cuz who knows when I will actually get it). I still have not gotten my machine yet, I have heard every excuse in the book, I'm pretty sure somebody's grandma has died about 20 times...lol ......I will keep you guys updated, if there is any progress...
They spent your money and something got fucked up on their end and they're trying to cover their ass. Get a lawyer now because at this point you should realize something very shady is going on.

frashdog

Unfortunately this is not surprising to hear about this company. Their exceptionally poor customer service has been discussed on this forum before. Ramrod is one product I would never buy based on stories like this.
I own a ram rod 900T... the company sucks hard.
So difficult to get their one off stupid expensive parts. Little to no help with simple issues, for real they could not even get me some parts they put on the machine.
I ordered wheels from them, the wheels did not fit and they would not pay for shipping to take the wrong wheels back. Done...

96coal449

Agdg, welcome to the buzz. Get your machine or your deposit. Stop at the local authority office first and bring them with you. They stole from you ..... bottom line.

New2trees

Not sure how relevant this is but, I come from a drag racing background where paying in full for chassis work, engine building or any other kind of fabrication work just about guarantees you will be last in line....once they have your money they have no motivation to finish your job when their are others who paid only a deposit with the rest due on completion.
The golden rule is if they have units prebuilt on the shelf pay in full and take delivery, if there is any work to be done to build the product never pay anymore than the bare minimum.
Very sad, but it is the way so many businesses are run these days that you really have to operate that way.