Post Contract Climber Rigs Here

southsoundtree

Light day, Rico?

Mike, the AT fits into a 2" tow-receiver. I use a bolt and nut rather than the 5/8" standard hitch pin to make it work on my hitch.

southsoundtree

Like a glove. Wheel pop right off for clearance, and can strap into the basket. Tongue could probably be ratchet strapped right on there, crosswise. I have alway put the tongue in the truck.

I have the extra 3/8" bolt, washer, wingnuts electrical-taped to the vertical part of the front of the tongue for when I need them.

You can weld hitch-tube on your chipper or trailer easily for a mount. I imagine the tongue would easily fit into a piece of hitch-tube.

IF you can use square-tubing with the internal seam, it would be cheaper, but hitch-tube is relatively cheap for a small piece.

If you need to transport fuel cans with an SUV or van, where there is no separation between passenger cabin and bed, you can use your AT as a cargo rack. It can be a cargo rack anywhere, if used securely.

I'm looking at a front-hitch for my truck. The AT could ride there, as needed.

ward

Designed for my bed this and had a friend build out of 6061 aluminum stock plus perforated stainless steel sheet throughout top, bottom, and doors, topped it with marine grade plywood. It keeps wet gear air drying. Fits jetsled with room to spare for rope bags and harness. A tight solution.

Attachments

MikePowers321

Designed for my bed this and had a friend build out of 6061 aluminum stock plus perforated stainless steel sheet throughout top, bottom, and doors, topped it with marine grade plywood. It keeps wet gear air drying. Fits jetsled with room to spare for rope bags and harness. A tight solution.
Nice, Chris. Slick. This the same Toyota? I think you had when I worked for you out in Portlandia?

ward

Nice, Chris. Slick. This the same Toyota? I think you had when I worked for you out in Portlandia?
Its nowadays a Dodge Ram 3500 5.9. Nice. Not exactly a daily contract climber rig, more of a boss rig, but I thought I'd post all the same (that's how I was reading the thread title 'post-contractclimber; rigs here). There are elements to this design that I thought I'd share for others to utilize. In particular, the use of perforated stainless steel sheet. I think mine it is 14 gauge sheet. But wet gear can breathe--very nice in the PNW. Nice rig, Mike, by the way. A beautiful, clean system there.

southsoundtree

As long as you never get into an accident, all that loose machinery and cargo will be fine.

Use the seat belts and seats for protection.
I've scene seats bent in a crash from stuff moving in the car, total t-bone.
Seat belts are attached to the frame of the car, not the seats. Force applied from cargo to seat to driver to seat belt!

Oroboros

That does cross my mind sometimes when I’m doing 65 mph down the highway.
Guess I could rig a cargo net if I really wanted to.

I love hatch backs !

southsoundtree

My BR600 needs to ride in the cab sometimes... Almost made for a seatbelt. A little fussing and a carabiner will make it extra secure.