Positioning on the cheap

Yes, you already have it and it’ll always be with you. It’s the tail of your climb line.
Yeah, that's a good thought too.
Ultimately, I think I'm going to use this an an opportunity to upgrade my main climbing line (Tachyon is not running well in the Uni in DdRT). @oldfart says Tendril works well in the Uni, I may be trying that and retiring the Tachyon for distance positioning.

39Buick

Yeah, that's a good thought too.
Ultimately, I think I'm going to use this an an opportunity to upgrade my main climbing line (Tachyon is not running well in the Uni in DdRT). @oldfart says Tendril works well in the Uni, I may be trying that and retiring the Tachyon for distance positioning.
Lmao! there went the budget and title for this thread! I hate when I do that!
Im a newer climber and if I were to give anyone advice here or elsewhere I would tell them to come to this site and READ, Ask Questions, Listen to what these people are saying. That is all Free. That in itself will save you tons of money.

Last edited:
Here's my take on this thread (thrifty lanyards on pets is the theme here right?)

Here's MJ, our 9 year old rescue cat, I mean pitbull. Got here at about 12 weeks old after the county dog vet sewed her botched ear job back up. We were registered with them to take care of special needs fosters and knew day 1 she would just be ours from then on, she gave no shits about her ears and just wanted to play with the little kids and be where people were.

Anyway here's a couple lanyards I put together on the cheap. Up top was a 20' Yale Confetti one with both ends spliced (something I would NEVER pay retail for, I got no problems with knots). Found a forum member in the tree bay that was willing to make me a custom one for hardly anything over the cost of just the rope so that worked out great! Snap is one I had, hitch is some 8mm RIT I had tended with a $4 hardware store swivel.

Then there's this one with mj looking even less amused than the last...

It's a 13' piece of Reep Schnur, some 7mm cord, a CT snap I like and a screw link. Thought about a real carabiner but that screw link tends better.