poisoned?

R_Schra

Found this in a stub of a Populus Alba. I had to remove some because they died. In the past they were topped for 'safety' towards nearby houses. I just dont know what the hell they used for poisoning?? Some strange pellets in 10mm drillholes. As far i could see they were poisoned and the tree made growth for 2 more years before dying.

Attachments

R_Schra

the one with the poison in still got some leaves. The two first we dumped were dead as they could be. On those we didnt find any drill holes or so. Maybe they drilled um very low, the one we found had thick Hedera grown on the trunk so they might drilled higher just were i cut it.

Attachments

guymayor

PPE would include mask and heavy/rubber gloves on that stuff. Exposure to toxins can give you leukemia.

R_Schra

I have showed the pellets (pics) and some residue to a suplier for herbicides etc. They think its temik thats used against bugs and lice. Its forbidden to use in the netherlands for this purpose. I believe for in some specific situations its allowed to use. To use/buy this temik its registerd when you purchase it and the use is controled bij some agency. So i quess the neighbours who lived under those trees maybe drilled and put it in to reduce that droppings from lice.