Piercing

Discussion in 'Rules and Regs' started by Climber020, May 28, 2006.

1. Tom Dunlap

Tom Dunlap Administrator

I helped with Jelte's gear check in Nashville. All of his hardware was CE approved :)

TimBr likes this.
  2. Treespotter

Treespotter Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    But my plugs are wood,

[/ QUOTE ]

Switch those first two words around and you'll see why dylsexier is a pain in the arse!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one Rupe /forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey Tom, did you check them all? I think only "Rupe's but plugs" in Jelte's ears are CE. All the rest is ANSI. /forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Jamin_Mayer

Jamin_Mayer Active Member

In the context of SAFTEY: I think it is a bad idea to leave the piercings in. Something could snag a piercing very easy in this type of work.

But, I also one hand a chainsaw (occasionally). Most people would say (and I agree) that is safer with two hands.

We all choose risk in this job. Are you comfortable with that much more risk to getting hurt?

In the context of a PROFESSIONAL image: Sorry to say this,however, people judge your outward appearance all the time. It may effect how potential customers see you.

Either way, I wouldn't judge you if you left them in. No worries mate!

/forum/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

4. spursprocket

spursprocket New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    In the context of a PROFESSIONAL image: Sorry to say this,however, people judge your outward appearance all the time. It may effect how potential customers see you.

[/ QUOTE ]

.....perhaps YOU judge on appearances, or perhaps you reside in a third world.

.....here in the real world, we accept the decisions that people make for themselves.

.....we accept that Ed Bradley has an earring, his hair not withstanding

.....you choose to judge me or others on our appearance, not in our ability to perform. sweet, gentlemen, real nice.

....if i'm inked and stabbed from head to toe, and give an old lady a great value for her dollar, you really think she gives a chit? really? you think she does? wake up!!!

.....high school boys are shaving their legs........you know this, correct, 'cause you guys are so up on things.

.....why? 'cause everyone else is doing it. the chicks dig it. it defines muscle tone.

.....just sayin'.....

.....this old school thinking will take your industry NOWHERE.

.....it will do even less for sport....

.....naw, ain't inked or stabbed....i only choose not to judge those who are.

5. Colin

Colin Administrator

Different strokes for different folks!

6. glens

glens New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ....if i'm inked and stabbed from head to toe, and give an old lady a great value for her dollar, you really think she gives a chit? really? you think she does? wake up!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hey, I don't have a dog in this fight and I personally couldn't care what a person does to their body. But in the real world I live in, the vast majority of old ladies wouldn't ever come to find that you'd give them a good value for their buck if you came by to sell the job looking like you described.

7. Climber020

Climber020 Member

Very true glens. That is the reason I removed half my piercings a year ago. Still have some but concidering getting rid of more but to place with some ink.
    All depends on what people can see.

8. Colin

Colin Administrator

9. thattreeguy

thattreeguy New Member

wow that will be interesting to explore that site

10. Colin

Colin Administrator

Word, check the forum.

11. thattreeguy

thattreeguy New Member

i had a guy from labor ready show up today, no joke about five peircings in each ear, u bolt lookin crap in the middle of each ear, marble in the center of his nose looked like a bone, lip, eyebrow all peirced plus a tattoed face, tattoo sleeved arms wearing a wife beater,and punker style shorts
    oh yeah red and black fingernails....
    the other guy was 61 yrs old...looked like he was gonna keel over draggin brush
    god help us if this is the future of tree laborers

12. Colin

Colin Administrator

Nah, you gotta have faith!

13. Toparboring

Toparboring New Member

I have a groundie that has some piecrcings and well at times I wonder if dragging the brush is going ok as I see him at times unhook himself from leaves and twigs.
    I have no complantiants about body mods just aslong as they do not slow you down during the day. I hate coming down putta trees to tell someone to take stuff out to get moving.
    I hear you on the labor ready people some of them are good and work other well you kinda wonder. Not knockem but I was wondering what they do for screening when sending them to work. As with thattreeguy we had and older fella working with us for a couple of days and he was getten his arse kicked useing the chipper, I kept him there for we had hauling up a slight hill and did not want to murder him his first day working with us. Nice guy and all but was wasted by noon.
    I believe that the workforce out there is equal oppertunity, but in some cases I think that they really need to screen people thinking that tree work is for everyone to do. I ended up sending him to the turf crews and he thanked me for it.

14. Nevic

Nevic New Member

More Arborists should consider geting facial tattoos. Professionalism is in how you express what you know about what you for a living and how well you do it, manners and class help too.

15. Colin

Colin Administrator

YOU GO FIRST.

16. thattreeguy

thattreeguy New Member

dude youve lost your mind,
    its nice to appear proffesional as well as being well versed in arborculture,
    i dont see me getting too many 1/4 million dollar contracts looking like that , i sell proffesionalism, and quality, looking like i just got paroled from pelican bay may be a wee bit contradictory to what my sales pitch is.
    people are coming around but if the sales rep looks like that what does the crew look like?

17. Nevic

Nevic New Member

Butch, I did go first! thattreeguy, I'm not looking for a job but if I was I'd be just the fellow to get those contracts signed for you. I'm cleen cut other than the tattos and except for what I still have to learn, I know alot about trees. I own a bussiness that is really successful as well. If you could not be as successful with a few tats, mabey your not as successful as you think you are. Actually I think the head judge for the TxTCC this year had a tattoo on his face. Oh, right, sorry, that was me, hope they have me back. My whole point is, since I don't need you to give me a job.... give some young guy who wants to work hard for you and learn something a chance. A young tattoo'd guy can be cleaned up real easy to fit your company image and your clients will enjoy it and mabey one day he'll be the one who allows you to take really really really long vacations or even retire one day when you want to spend more time with your grandkids. Lighten up, the sky's the limit! I do think your right to expect people to be cleen cut and have manners but that has nothing to do with tats or pearcings. As these guys grow proffesionaly they usally drop the peircings on their own.

18. Colin

Colin Administrator

Pics! [​IMG]

19. Nevic

Nevic New Member

Mabey I'll give you the world exclusive for your "Tree Freeks" link ;)

20. Jamin_Mayer

Jamin_Mayer Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

.....perhaps YOU judge on appearances, or perhaps you reside in a third world.

.....here in the real world, we accept the decisions that people make for themselves.

.....we accept that Ed Bradley has an earring, his hair not withstanding

.....you choose to judge me or others on our appearance, not in our ability to perform. sweet, gentlemen, real nice.

.....high school boys are shaving their legs........you know this, correct, 'cause you guys are so up on things.

.....why? 'cause everyone else is doing it. the chicks dig it. it defines muscle tone.

.....just sayin'.....

.....this old school thinking will take your industry NOWHERE.

.....it will do even less for sport....

.....naw, ain't inked or stabbed....i only choose not to judge those who are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you like more cheese with your... /forum/images/graemlins/boohoo.gif?