PGRs for Sweet Gums

I know, I know...Snipper or similar chems to prevent gum ball formation on Liquidamber is pretty much a waste of time, but I have a client who is insistent that I give it a shot. Does anyone have any idea what the growing degree day target would be for treatment? JD, I’m looking at you...

JD3000

I've heard good things about Pinscher injections. If I recall, sweetgum calls for a late summer/early autumn injection but I believe the first year may also require a spring injection for optimal results.

Floral sprays can work but timing is super critical.

No good GDD info off the top of my head.

JD3000

Just things Ive heard. There could be studies but I'm unaware cuz I never really care about fruit control. Always referred someone else for that work.

Had an interesting conversation with my ultra-knowledgeable chem supplier yesterday. Apparently Atrimmec is labeled for fruit elimination in addition to being a growth inhibitor, and can be applied as a trunk spray. I’m not super optimistic that it would work, but I may buy some to play with on sweet gums. The key is still applying just before bloom. Still trying to figure out when that is...

Had an interesting conversation with my ultra-knowledgeable chem supplier yesterday. Apparently Atrimmec is labeled for fruit elimination in addition to being a growth inhibitor, and can be applied as a trunk spray. I’m not super optimistic that it would work, but I may buy some to play with on sweet gums. The key is still applying just before bloom. Still trying to figure out when that is...
FYI - I've tried Atrimmec bark sprays on crabapple and cottonwood trees and it didn't work