Over All
1- Derrick Martin
2-Nick Martley ( New York )
3- Arron Feathers
4- Jake Riggs
5- Brick Reilly ( New Jersey)
6- Brennan Kissman

Woman's
1- Maria Tranguch ( No other competitors but completed all events and Masters 20th overall )

Masters
!- Jake Riggs
2-Derrick Martin
3-Aron Feathers
4- Brennan Kissman

Maria Tranguch will be Penn Dels First Woman Competitor

Jake and Maria will represent Penn Del ITCC 2018

Special Thanks To Chatham University Eden Hall Campus Gibsonia Pa. for hosting Penn Dels 2017 TCC .
score sheets are available at Penndelisa.org

Jem4417

Any advice on the best way to get involved with and becoming competitive with the comps? I've always been interested but find myself always missing dates and coming up short on time to train. I'm sure a bunch of dedication and diligence is the answer but any short cuts on how to get started is appreciated

Tony

Any advice on the best way to get involved with and becoming competitive with the comps? I've always been interested but find myself always missing dates and coming up short on time to train. I'm sure a bunch of dedication and diligence is the answer but any short cuts on how to get started is appreciated
Just go. Have fun, smile a lot. Don't get caught up in the competition part of it all.

Over the years I competed I lost way more than I won, but the experience, the friendships, the intangibles far outwieghed any plaque, trophy or ribbon. Of few of those do hang on my "I luv me wall", but to me they are consolation prizes. Tokens merely of a good story.

As for making it happen. Stop relying on motovation and depend on discipline.

Just go. Sorry no way to short cut the first, most important and only necessary step.

Tony

GregManning

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. There is an annual thread here on TreeBuzz that gives a chronological list of TCC's. (ISA, and others)
http://www.treebuzz.com/forum/threads/2017-tcc-list-dates.33976/page-3

2. ISA also publishes a list of "near-future" events.
http://www.itcc-isa.com/events

3. Volunteer & Go !
I started as a ground tech, timer, etc.

4. Read the Rule Book. (By "read", I mean study the rule book.)
Knowing the rules will make you very valued ! ! !

5. Ask questions: Rules, strategy, gear, climbing techniques, training, etc.
My experience is that everyone is more than willing to enlighten you.

Last edited: