pantin tip

Discussion in 'Climber's Talk' started by surveyor, May 25, 2012.

1. surveyor

surveyor Member

This is probably already know or used, but I like to tuck my shoelace loops under the top instep strap before I cinch down that strap and then thread the excess strap back through the showlace loop and pull the loop back until it chockes on the excess strap to hold it back out of the way from the rope cam.
  2. bwktreeserv

bwktreeserv Member

I do the same thing! Works great, and is a great tip!

-BEN
  3. Crazy_Jimmy

Crazy_Jimmy Well-Known Member

Yep good idea ,the first thing I thought of when I read pantin tip was-get a left and a right one and switch them out often so your legs get the same amount of work .
  4. Bixler

Bixler Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    This is probably already know or used, but I like to tuck my shoelace loops under the top instep strap before I cinch down that strap and then thread the excess strap back through the showlace loop and pull the loop back until it chockes on the excess strap to hold it back out of the way from the rope cam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance you can post a pic?

[ QUOTE ]
    Yep good idea ,the first thing I thought of when I read pantin tip was-get a left and a right one and switch them out often so your legs get the same amount of work .

[/ QUOTE ]

Good tip, wish you would have mentioned something earlier... my right leg is now WAY bigger than my left. [​IMG]
  5. lync

lync New Member

Additionally I tuck the end of the strap under my laces to keep it out of the way. When using just one foot ascender i used the left leg to help position my self off the tree but if hanging in mid air the left foot steps down on the instep of the right mimicing a foot lock, then both legs can be used to step up on the rope my 2 cents
  6. RopeShield

RopeShield Active Member

I clip a micro biner to the hole beside the cam so as to keep the rope from popping out.
  7. fingablasta

fingablasta New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I clip a micro biner to the hole beside the cam so as to keep the rope from popping out.

[/ QUOTE ]

x2... i hate hanging from a non set rope wrench & hand ascender
  8. Tom Dunlap

Tom Dunlap Administrator

Keep your toe down when using the Pantin. This keeps the rope fair and in the pocket so its less likely to kick out.
  9. Fairfield

Fairfield Member

I just place a small non locking biener into the locking hole that is there for it. Dont have to worry about foot direction then.
  10. Fairfield

Fairfield Member

oh sorry already said....