Ninth mega annual CT Winter rec climb!

moss

Did I mention that Aaron was climbing DdRT on a plus 230' rigging line? It was awesome seeing him descend to the ground doubled rope from the upper canopy of a big tulip. Aaron takes climbing the hard way to greater heights with grace and aplomb ;-)
-AJ

goodaking

Yes, highly illegal enterprise, sshhh! Ian's boys are amazing, they can ride trails and climb rope like nobody's business, and great attitudes, just like their mom and dad's.

We had decent snow cover then it hit 60f last week during a polar vortex rebound, followed by heavy rains.
-AJ
Yes, highly illegal enterprise, sshhh! Ian's boys are amazing, they can ride trails and climb rope like nobody's business, and great attitudes, just like their mom and dad's.

We had decent snow cover then it hit 60f last week during a polar vortex rebound, followed by heavy rains.
-AJ
haha thanks Andrew! My boys always enjoy hanging out with you when you come down! we need to get them ready for the west coast trees!!

goodaking

Ian trying to figure out how to use a Hook high in a big tulip, apparently every single target limb is bigger diameter than the Hook radius ;-)

Aaron chasing a stuck throwbag in a slender but tall American beech

Foul! Unsafe carabiner loading! [joke] Lanyard cinch for stable positioning to throw the Captain Hook!

Thx Ian and everyone who showed up. Looking forward to more climbs like this. Bob "Spinkid" aka "New Climber", stay in touch we'll do some more climbs.
-AJ
i
Ian trying to figure out how to use a Hook high in a big tulip, apparently every single target limb is bigger diameter than the Hook radius ;-)

Foul! Unsafe carabiner loading! [joke] Lanyard cinch for stable positioning to throw the Captain Hook!

Thx Ian and everyone who showed up. Looking forward to more climbs like this. Bob "Spinkid" aka "New Climber", stay in touch we'll do some more climbs.
-AJ
a very practical and safe application. I use this all the time.

goodaking

-AJ
Aaron was killing it drt yesterday! He almost beat me to the top of that tulip!

moss

You guys ok with a beginner heading over? I live 15 min away from that deli and would love hang out and learn as much as possible watching experienced climbers. I took a class this past summer for tree climbing to hang my kids swing and have been bitten WAY more than I thought I would with climbing. My experience is really that class and what I learned on my property climbing around since then. I guess the gear addiction carries across all hobbies....
Great to meet you Bob aka Spinkid!

Spinkid

Great to meet you Bob aka Spinkid!
Great to meet you guys as well! I can't say enough how much I appreciate the time spent helping and explaining things to the new guy. It really was awesome meeting everyone and seeing the climbing systems in person. So much more to learn but thats what keeps this fun for me.