Ninth mega annual CT Winter rec climb!

goodaking

Hi Guys and Gals, January is right around the corner and i will be posting the date and details for the 9th annual CT Winter climb on Christmas day Once i get some things sorted out. Always a great chance to try out new gear, learn some new tricks ,meet new people and climb mega trees!
hope see a great turn out!
Ian

moss

I'm booked Sunday Jan. 20 otherwise any date will work. Thx as always for making this happen Ian!
-AJ

moss

Bumpity bump, if this happens in Feb that’s cool too. I can also host, bring the kids, bring the whole family, plenty of fun things to do. Whatever works.
-AJ

moss

I’m thinking we can practice a rescue scenario where a volunteer will be encased in a block of ice, we’ll hoist them up into a tree and then spend the rest of the day figuring how the hell to get them out! For real, whatever we do will be good fun. I hung my Tree-O-Board at Chip and Nora’s house in NC so I’m looking to others to step up the amusements, unless I build another one before the 10th!

Looking forward to it, thx for making this happen Ian!
-AJ

Last edited:

Spinkid

You guys ok with a beginner heading over? I live 15 min away from that deli and would love hang out and learn as much as possible watching experienced climbers. I took a class this past summer for tree climbing to hang my kids swing and have been bitten WAY more than I thought I would with climbing. My experience is really that class and what I learned on my property climbing around since then. I guess the gear addiction carries across all hobbies....

goodaking

Looking forward to seeing you all Sunday for the climb! The weather looks like it will be great.

goodaking

Another great climb and turn out today for the 9 anuel ct rec climb! We climbed some mega twin tulips and the weather was perfect! Here are some pics from today. Nice meeting you all and let’s plan something again soon!

moss

Ian trying to figure out how to use a Hook high in a big tulip, apparently every single target limb is bigger diameter than the Hook radius ;-)

Aaron chasing a stuck throwbag in a slender but tall American beech

Foul! Unsafe carabiner loading! [joke] Lanyard cinch for stable positioning to throw the Captain Hook!

Thx Ian and everyone who showed up. Looking forward to more climbs like this. Bob "Spinkid" aka "New Climber", stay in touch we'll do some more climbs.
-AJ

moss

Excellent pictures. Can't believe you guys didn't have snow on the ground.
A Heineken stand is way better than a lemonade stand!
Yes, highly illegal enterprise, sshhh! Ian's boys are amazing, they can ride trails and climb rope like nobody's business, and great attitudes, just like their mom and dad's.

We had decent snow cover then it hit 60f last week during a polar vortex rebound, followed by heavy rains.
-AJ

Last edited: