newbie Q: make my own shorter bridge on a cheap harness for RAD?

climbstihl

Both actually work fine, thanks for suggesting i try! of those 2 orientations I prefer the handle facing me. And I had to put the wide end of the carabiner on the webbing so it could turn a bit more.

Still think i will be happier w a slightly shorter rope bridge and "forward" facing grigri
When the handle is facing you, what hand do you use for it? I use a Lory/ Eddy at my new Job, which is like a grigri but the rope goes in the other way. I really hate having the handle in the wrong position, just curious how that works with the grigri. But I also don't have an issue with the bridge length, as we use the skylotec record as well, we ascend in a Rads without the pulley.

Burrapeg

One thing about shortening the web or rope bridge on this type of harness is that you might get more pinch on the hips? Seems like a really short bridge would pull the two rings together harder than a longer one.

south_tx_dave

When the handle is facing you, what hand do you use for it? I use a Lory/ Eddy at my new Job, which is like a grigri but the rope goes in the other way. I really hate having the handle in the wrong position, just curious how that works with the grigri. But I also don't have an issue with the bridge length, as we use the skylotec record as well, we ascend in a Rads without the pulley.
For both orientations I could still work the handle with my left hand and hold the rope tail w my right.

south_tx_dave

One thing about shortening the web or rope bridge on this type of harness is that you might get more pinch on the hips? Seems like a really short bridge would pull the two rings together harder than a longer one.
Yes. I am slightly worried about this but if it's bad I can always just tie on a new bridge.

I haven't modified anything yet.