New Tendon Timber Ropes

Brocky

Their shortest sewn hitch cord is 80mm-32 1/2”, which leave fairly long legs with most common hitches. Attaching a tending pulley with the legs would take up some space for slightly long legs, but these are still too long.
Being closer to the hitch, the pulley starts pushing sooner than if clipped to the carabiner.

Bango Skank

That’s pretty cool!
I’d keep an eye on the cord and maybe switch to a pinto pulley, or maybe both legs could be stuffed through a shizel. Great idea, I got a few longer spliced cords from my VT days that I don’t know what to do with... hmmm.

Is the company collecting feedback? A 28” would be nice.

Bango Skank

I got a spare Rook (aka Hydra) pulley.... you got me brainstorming here, Brocky. I wonder if the eye splices on the 8mm cords will fit through the holes on the Rook. I’ll check.

Tr33Climb3r

@Tr33Climb3r, are you able to get the small spools of the 8mm Timber hitch cord?
Hey @Brocky didn't get the notification for your tag. Otherwise I would have responded sooner.
I will reach out to them and see. Reports back from the field are pretty positive. The rigging line and 11mm climb line is being put through its paces. I also had our in house splicer send out some dead eye slings. All of this was sent to Wisconsin guys that are certified arborists. A climb line was also sent out of the state.
Yes I believe we can get that hitch cord in bulk lengths. Email has been sent already.
One thing I know is that the throw line is no good. It breaks really easily. My guys didn't get through a day where it didn't break. It's sad because it threw really well.

Brocky

Thanks for your efforts, I’m going to try splicing it by taking the core out and replace it by burying just the cover. Marlow’s Viper cord is able to do this to get an ultra flexible hitch cord near the eyes.

Brocky

This is the Viper spliced, with 4” overlapping tails in the middle. Didn’t get the overlaps exactly right so a short section in the middle is slightly smaller in diameter, although doesn’t seem to affect how it works. The overhand knot is to demonstrate the flexibility near the eye.
92FD38AA-7065-48C2-9B8D-9CC7530C8820.jpeg