New Stihl CM series

monkeylove

So I got a new saw today and was wondering if there is anything special I need to know about in regards to it being CM as compared to not. MS241CM-16.

Steve Baker

So I got a new saw today and was wondering if there is anything special I need to know about in regards to it being CM as compared to not. MS241CM-16.
Enjoy that saw man!!! Other than the 150 that is my favorite saw!!! Good to see you on Treebuzz Brad!!! Don't know if you remember but prob 6 or 7 years ago I drove down to your house with a brand new 460 that I put a dual port muffler on and wanted to learn how to tune a saw properly and you took an hour or so out of your day to explain proper saw tuning to me. I have used that as a base for all saws I've used since. Thanks again!!!

blsnelling

Enjoy that saw man!!! Other than the 150 that is my favorite saw!!! Good to see you on Treebuzz Brad!!! Don't know if you remember but prob 6 or 7 years ago I drove down to your house with a brand new 460 that I put a dual port muffler on and wanted to learn how to tune a saw properly and you took an hour or so out of your day to explain proper saw tuning to me. I have used that as a base for all saws I've used since. Thanks again!!!
Glad I could help!

monkeylove

Went out this afternoon and found a fallen oak to dismantle. Diameters ranged from 1" to 20" at the trunk. Figured I would burn a tank or 2 to break the new saw in. I have to say that for the first dozen cuts I was highly unimpressed. However the more cuts I made the better the saw seemed to cut. I guess that is the M-Tronics learning how to cut for the first time. By the second tank I was burying the bar and was even noodling the full bar. For a 40cc saw I think I'm going to be happy with this one.

monkeylove

Nice clean looking mod Brad. I figured I would give the saw about few tanks first but a muffler mod is certainly in it's future. Is that all you did to the muffler? That has to be one of the cleanest and easiest mods I've seen if so.

monkeylove

It was hard to believe that those little gills was all that was needed for some added life to the new 241 but I just did them based on Brads words. Wow, I can't believe it really was that simple. Just got back from burning a tank after the mod. What s difference for something that took so little time to do. Thanks Brad, you are the man.

monkeylove

If I had an old Spam key around I would have cut that to make a 2 prong fork. I think that would have helped in getting them started at least.