New #SRT redirect system for tree climbing

This system eliminates having to keep track of your tail and also all the extra rope from your tail end is cut out of the equation

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FreeFallin

Interesting, so what is that spool thing? Do you drop it straight down from where you set the redirect or take it with you where you're going?

monkeylove

Interesting is exactly what I was thinking. I like where you're going with it, and with enough rope it looks to be ground settable also (4x tie in height). I am not sure I am a fan of my primary life life not being positively anchored though. Unless I am missing something, this is strictly held in place by friction alone correct? If I pull on one line only.

Interesting is exactly what I was thinking. I like where you're going with it, and with enough rope it looks to be ground settable also (4x tie in height). I am not sure I am a fan of my primary life life not being positively anchored though. Unless I am missing something, this is strictly held in place by friction alone correct?
It is if you tie off to a spar but you could set it in a crotch just the same

jf1962

what would happened if a branch got hold of that small line and pulls that pin ? Looks like a accident waiting to happend, Unless I'm missing something .. Cheers ,,SO-CAL

what would happened if a branch got hold of that small line and pulls that pin ? Looks like a accident waiting to happend, Unless I'm missing something .. Cheers ,,SO-CAL
When under lode the pin can't come out! Only when you unwaite your system is the pin able to come out!

Brocky

Interesting idea for sure. Could the shackle rotate if the load on the throw line continues to weight it beyond just opening it? In other words could a loaded throw line pull the shackle out after opening it?

Interesting idea for sure. Could the shackle rotate if the load on the throw line continues to weight it beyond just opening it? In other words could a loaded throw line pull the shackle out after opening it?
I don't think so it can't slip out if you have the system loaded I will try to get a veido up to show how it works!

Brocky

I guess it comes down to will the shackle come out if the climb line is unloaded and the throw line is loaded? It seems, just from looking, that the eye on the shackle would stop it from exiting the bight of climb line even if unloaded, thanks for testing these out.

I guess it comes down to will the shackle come out if the climb line is unloaded and the throw line is loaded? It seems, just from looking, that the eye on the shackle would stop it from exiting the bight of climb line even if unloaded, thanks for testing these out.
I have to climb on it some more but so far it works!

FreeFallin

So I think the idea has potential, and I love the innovation and bringing in components from other disciplines to make something for tree use. I don't want to discourage that process at all.

But the challenge I see in the current design is that my primary line does not stay loaded, I am constantly on and off the lanyard while the tip or redirect I am hanging on goes slack and gets jiggled around. My worry is that if your primary line is in a slack state, and that reel gets a little tug, then it could partially pull the pin and you might not notice until you load it and your redirect snaps loose.

You would need to find a good solution for that before I'm ready to hang on it, but keep going, and be safe.