New little rigger in the family

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by evo, Oct 4, 2017.

1. JD3000

JD3000 Well-Known Member

Will reduce your recreational use of alcohol however. You're just too damn busy and tired to to go bonkers.

Paid maternal leave was great for us but wifey would hand me the kid(s) as soon as I walked in the door from work and she'd pass out for a few. Ya do whatcha gotta do as a team.

A sore point was that I'm a deep sleeper and wouldn't hear the boys crying in the middle of the night cuz I was in magical sleepy land. Then came the rib pokes. And elbows or kicks if I didnt wake up. Good times. Good times.

Crimsonking and Tyler Durden like this.
  2. evo

evo Well-Known Member

We did and are doing the co-sleeping thing. With our son I woke up to a few diaphragm punches if I got too close in a deep sleep.. shitty way to wake up

3. JeffGu

JeffGu Well-Known Member

Sure, it works for you. I tried to get out of work once, back in the day, using that excuse... they just laughed at me. Didn't fall for the "had to have my other appendix out" one, either.

JD3000 and Tyler Durden like this.
  4. southsoundtree

southsoundtree Well-Known Member

Do you have a king size or side car? Sleep is crucial. I slept on the edge of the bed, to much, too long. An extended floor bed can be an alternative, as in queen plus twin. Easy to avoid a gap between.

Can you hire a sitter for mom's naptimes?

You can make way more money doing trees than you save helping with domestic duties, which are easily farmed out at $15/ hour. Mom doesn't have to do it, and dishes, laundry, bathroom scrubbing gets done. More time for sleep for everyone.