New Caritool version?

Jimmycrackcorn

Unless they changed the weight ratings, it's "probably" basically the same ole deal with a added feature to prevent unwanted snagging/opening. An actual lock feature would be cool... but that would skyrocket the price i'd imagine.

theatertech87

Unless they changed the weight ratings, it's "probably" basically the same ole deal with a added feature to prevent unwanted snagging/opening. An actual lock feature would be cool... but that would skyrocket the price i'd imagine.
you can "lock" it with a piece of rubber tubbing that slides over the metal piece. When you want to "lock" it you slide it down over where the gate opens. crude, but it works

Tr33Climb3r

We haven't received these yet but when I started to download the pictures I though that gold part was goofy looking. It almost looked fake or like it was a photo mistake. There are pictures surfacing in Europe right now and they look really different from these "high res" photos. There is also a another version called the EVO which looks like it will install easier but might not be as secure on the harness as the other version.

https://arbsession.com/petzl-caritool-evo-universal-racking-clip.html

climbstihl

We haven't received these yet but when I started to download the pictures I though that gold part was goofy looking. It almost looked fake or like it was a photo mistake. There are pictures surfacing in Europe right now and they look really different from these "high res" photos. There is also a another version called the EVO which looks like it will install easier but might not be as secure on the harness as the other version.

https://arbsession.com/petzl-caritool-evo-universal-racking-clip.html
I've since seen these on WesSpur too. I agree about the yellow thing looking like a mistake or something.
The Evo has been around a while, it's made for sport climbing harnesses without slots. Caritools were originally designed for ice climbing.

Tr33Climb3r

I've since seen these on WesSpur too. I agree about the yellow thing looking like a mistake or something.
The Evo has been around a while, it's made for sport climbing harnesses without slots. Caritools were originally designed for ice climbing.
I grabbed some because I thought they could be used on Teufelberger bags and other unique places that you had a much more narrow slot or hole to work with.