Need imidacloprid micro-injection in CT

hl_tree

Anybody here do work around New Fairfield, CT? Or maybe know somebody who does work in that area? I have a client with a roughly 18" diameter hemlock that needs to be injected for HWA. I'd much rather go with a referral than calling somebody out of a book.

hl_tree

Sorry... make that 2 clients that need the injections done, right across the road from one another. 1 needs the hemlock injected... maybe 22" at the injection site... got a closer look at it today. Then right across the street is 3 good sized white birches needing injections for bronze birch borer. Come on guys... NICE accounts right across the street from one another... I'll even toss in another 10+ hemlocks at the new place if interested which need to be injected.

TreeJunkie

or if injection is a must due to site conditions then buy a inject kit or even just the preloaded merit capsules..?????

mrtree

Tprosser is correct, if possible do soil application and avoid injection site damage to the tree.

phasthound

Be aware that while this product will control HWA, it may also cause an outbreak of mites. This has been well documented in hemlocks.