My WOD

Stephen Moore

Because if you knew what it was you would realize that it doesn’t sacrifice strength training. You can lift whatever weight you can handle. But your condition will dictate how much your body can handle. The better your condition the more weight you can train with.

Stephen Moore

What it does is demand more from your heart while you train. It increases the bodies ability to move blood rapidly and strengthens the heart. If you think you can handle more weight and still stay on track with the reps and the rest periods, by all means load up! You will only get more powerful. Just be careful you don’t pass out! It’s quite common for people to over do it! Lol

Stephen Moore

This type of training is done by high level athletes that do cardio demanding activities, because it does not increase muscle mass but does increase strength and endurance. It also aggressively targets fat loss due to high calorie consumption. Trust me if you can do this type of workout with high weights you are an animal! I watched Sydor do this workout a tree his summer place- step ups with 100 lbs on a barbell then presses back to back etc. He’s a very fit dude!

andrus kokerov

So its already autumn and the evening are getting longer. Great time for training. Today is also my off day so i thought ill get on the buzz. Tell me what are your goals for this winter?

Mine are speed and power!

Did the mistake of not doing much lifting and running during the comp season. Wont do that mistake again!

Iv been working for the last 1,5 months hard with 6 workouts a week with a total of 6-8 hours a week.

I wanna share my routine if someones interested:
Monday: Medium run
Tuesday: Gym- squat, stiff legged deadlift, bent over rows, pull ups, bench and millitary press, abs
Wednesday: Medium run
Thursday: Off
Friday: Interval runs
Saturday: Gym - olympiclifting, abs
Sunday: Long run

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
So its already autumn and the evening are getting longer. Great time for training. Today is also my off day so i thought ill get on the buzz. Tell me what are your goals for this winter?

Mine are speed and power!

Did the mistake of not doing much lifting and running during the comp season. Wont do that mistake again!

Iv been working for the last 1,5 months hard with 6 workouts a week with a total of 6-8 hours a week.

I wanna share my routine if someones interested:
Monday: Medium run
Tuesday: Gym- squat, stiff legged deadlift, bent over rows, pull ups, bench and millitary press, abs
Wednesday: Medium run
Thursday: Off
Friday: Interval runs
Saturday: Gym - olympiclifting, abs
Sunday: Long run
Looks pretty intense. I would think that you should really look for endurance, speed and agility style of training if your main goal is to perform at treeclimbing comps. Off season is a great time for strength training for sure, but knowing your body type and the strength you already have makes me think you will want to start mixing in 1 or 2 days of agility based exercise as well. What do you think?

andrus kokerov

Thanks for your advice. Yes, my main goal are treeclimbing comps but also everyday production climbing. My strength isent the best at the moment... no idea about the max weights i could handel at the moment. But i think more then the average treeclimber would lift

Agility based exercises for example what? I doo have to get faster. I was hoping to get some explosion into my movements with olympic lifts. Also i had a plan to switch the intervall running session to short sprint training pre-season.

Im open to eny help. Its easy when you want to run faster, turn to a running coach. When you want to lift more weights, turn to a lifting coach. But when you want to be good at treeclimbing then there are so many things to consider....

Last edited:

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
I would suggest keeping with what you already know, and that is to mix your training to challenge the body constantly and not let it adapt to the point that it is routine. I love strength training mixed with agility and endurance training. You know already that i do weight training and mix in crossfit and the 300 all year and then taper the weights back before a comp. I also like training for the speed events. Practice belated speed climb and footlock as well as ascent. That will certainly help.

andrus kokerov

I would suggest keeping with what you already know, and that is to mix your training to challenge the body constantly and not let it adapt to the point that it is routine. I love strength training mixed with agility and endurance training. You know already that i do weight training and mix in crossfit and the 300 all year and then taper the weights back before a comp. I also like training for the speed events. Practice belated speed climb and footlock as well as ascent. That will certainly help.
Thank you for your answer.

andrus kokerov

I have try´d to do how you say`d. We have had a great winter so i have spent much time xc-skiing. Its good for endurance and agility, also you have to stabilize yourself maybe like in skating. I have done bodyweight exercises as addition. Haven`t touch`d much dumbbells or weights during the winter. Today i did Fran to know where i am, and what a surprise i shaved almost two minutes off my PB. Good is also im 10 pounds lighter as in autumn...

Planning to hit 3 comps this year. One in May, one in June and the Baltic ones in July... The Baltics is every year the last competition and i`m always burn´d out by that time although it should be my main goal. This time i`m going to start prepping for it later. One month of skiing (if we have snow) and then switch to running, 300, and event training.

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
I have try´d to do how you say`d. We have had a great winter so i have spent much time xc-skiing. Its good for endurance and agility, also you have to stabilize yourself maybe like in skating. I have done bodyweight exercises as addition. Haven`t touch`d much dumbbells or weights during the winter. Today i did Fran to know where i am, and what a surprise i shaved almost two minutes off my PB. Good is also im 10 pounds lighter as in autumn...

Planning to hit 3 comps this year. One in May, one in June and the Baltic ones in July... The Baltics is every year the last competition and i`m always burn´d out by that time although it should be my main goal. This time i`m going to start prepping for it later. One month of skiing (if we have snow) and then switch to running, 300, and event training.
Excellent buddy! Keep working and you'll be glad you did.