My WOD

I did the best allbody workout for a treenerd you can imagin. Footlocked 6x12m. 1 for warmup, 3 for time (best 18 seconds) and 2 for long smooth locks (best was 9 locks). I can do 12m with 9 locks, when i focus on the quality of them. But then i get too long pauses between them. When i focus on speed i end up with 10 locks.

The weather was just great. -9 degrees celcius, no snow, no wind and sunny.

Last edited:
Summed up the year today with the wod300. Great stuff. Dident time it. Did everything in a quit fast pace and watched the form.
Have been doing regular strenght training in the last time with high reps. Ill go low with the reps for a month and then back to more and more crossfit cause my first comp is in may.

Ou and a happy new one everybody. its only 11h away here.

marlinspiker

Ive been out for a month. messed up my back doing heavy sets of deads. went into the gym this work and didnt lift anything over 95lbs. feels good to be back.

I like the winter. The workdays are short. Mostly its over by 2 o clock, so i get alot of time to train. Been at the gym 5x a week for the last two weeks. Mostly its 2x strenght training and 2-3x crossfit. Doing sets of five at the moment. Ended up benching 100kg 5x and squating 110kg 5x this week. Ill need to go up with the squat weights. Still cant judge how strong i am... And Mark i stole a Wod from you from Mr. Lorenzis facebook page. He posted a photo from your gym some time ago. Did the one for abs, felt them 3 days later too.

Crazy_Jimmy

I like the winter. The workdays are short. Mostly its over by 2 o clock, so i get alot of time to train. Been at the gym 5x a week for the last two weeks. Mostly its 2x strenght training and 2-3x crossfit. Doing sets of five at the moment. Ended up benching 100kg 5x and squating 110kg 5x this week. Ill need to go up with the squat weights. Still cant judge how strong i am... And Mark i stole a Wod from you from Mr. Lorenzis facebook page. He posted a photo from your gym some time ago. Did the one for abs, felt them 3 days later too.
what wod did you steal

i tried this a few times for a full body cardio/lift core workout... it CAN be brutal if you push hard... add some tree climbing inspired movements and this would be a GREAT workout...

Im a week on holiday. Aint got much here to workout with. So did "cindy" today.
AMRAP in 20 minutes.

5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 ait squats

Ended up with 16 today. look'd much easyer in the video.

Got 4 months to my first comp this year. Feeling strong and my conditioning is also getting better. One thing i need is speed. i totaly suck at speedclimb and extra speed would be good in the WC. Tips anybody?

Last edited:

Crazy_Jimmy

Im a week on holiday. Aint got much here to workout with. So did "cindy" today.
AMRAP in 20 minutes.

5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 ait squats

Ended up with 16 today. look'd much easyer in the video.

Got 4 months to my first comp this year. Feeling strong and my conditioning is also getting better. One thing i need is speed. i totaly suck at speedclimb and extra speed would be good in the WC. Tips anybody?
Practice work climbs ,lots of them bro . I say speed belay maybe shed any excess weight if you can

jdhoward

How the other cym cats doing? Its summer now and time to get out. My wod:
1 mile run
50 pull ups
1 mile run
50 push ups
1 mile run
50 squats
1 mile run
50 knees to elbows
Holy crap! What was your time? My wod now a days is work then 16 oz curls. I need to find out how to prep for jambo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I follow a strength biased program lifting two days a week and typically doing two conditioning workouts a week.

Today was:

- Deadlift: 295x5, 340x5, 385x15
- GHD Sit-ups: 50, 25, 25
- Overhead Press: 115x5, 130x5, 150x9
- Pull-ups: 5x10
- Bent Over Row: 150x10x5
- Ring Dips: 5x10

Holy crap! What was your time? My wod now a days is work then 16 oz curls. I need to find out how to prep for jambo.

I dident take the time. I think i could use a calender for takeing the time. It was my first run for a while.... Been footlocking and doing some wod-s but no running.

Enybody tryd this? http://www.myfrantime.com/calculators/proficiencychart#4

In strengh im excellent but in wod-s and running i suck. Nice way to set yourself some goals.
It's very good to work towards goals, and it's also good to see where you stack up compared to others, but be careful, especially with crossfit and chasing faster times. It's often a good way to get hurt, and for what?

A little background... I've been a part of crossfit in some capacity for nearly ten years and I've coached for the last five at one of the oldest crossfit affiliates in the area. One of the things I see a lot of is shitty reps, and it's often because of the timing aspect of workouts. Everyone wants to work towards a 2:00 min Fran time, but most can't do ten strict pullups, so people end up having bar seizures in an attempt to go faster when they should be looking to improve their form. The kipping pull-up is not a measure of strength, and it's also a good way to hurt your self. Kipping is a technique, If you can do 20 strict pull-ups, I guarantee you can do 30+ bar seizures. Whose the better athlete? The one that can do a 2 min Fran with kipping, or the one that can do a 3:30 Fran with strict pull-ups... I would say the later.

Also, everything is strength based, and that's where a lot of crossfit programming lacks. Depending on the time of the year, I don't do much if any conditioning work, however, I work strength year round in cycles. I can go six months without doing a single conditioning type workout and in less than a month of working conditioning back in, I'm pretty much back where I was, and due to my strength base, I'm usually ahead of the pack to begin with.

If you can squat 400+ lb, overhead Press 200+, and do strict pull-ups at your body weight + some, then doing some 95lb thrusters and pull-ups is not that hard.

It's very good to work towards goals, and it's also good to see where you stack up compared to others, but be careful, especially with crossfit and chasing faster times. It's often a good way to get hurt, and for what?

A little background... I've been a part of crossfit in some capacity for nearly ten years and I've coached for the last five at one of the oldest crossfit affiliates in the area. One of the things I see a lot of is shitty reps, and it's often because of the timing aspect of workouts. Everyone wants to work towards a 2:00 min Fran time, but most can't do ten strict pullups, so people end up having bar seizures in an attempt to go faster when they should be looking to improve their form. The kipping pull-up is not a measure of strength, and it's also a good way to hurt your self. Kipping is a technique, If you can do 20 strict pull-ups, I guarantee you can do 30+ bar seizures. Whose the better athlete? The one that can do a 2 min Fran with kipping, or the one that can do a 3:30 Fran with strict pull-ups... I would say the later.

Also, everything is strength based, and that's where a lot of crossfit programming lacks. Depending on the time of the year, I don't do much if any conditioning work, however, I work strength year round in cycles. I can go six months without doing a single conditioning type workout and in less than a month of working conditioning back in, I'm pretty much back where I was, and due to my strength base, I'm usually ahead of the pack to begin with.

If you can squat 400+ lb, overhead Press 200+, and do strict pull-ups at your body weight + some, then doing some 95lb thrusters and pull-ups is not that hard.

Nice post! Thanks for the input. So with your background in coaching, what types of workouts/ exercises would you recommend to the competition climbers here?

Welcome to the Buzz!