My WOD

oceans

I'm about to do the toes to bar part for a while this evening.

Seriously, I will try the workout, as long as the handstand push ups can be done against a wall at first. o_O

Today I am doing the Crossfit WOD. Its on their homepage if you want to check it out.

EZ, try not to make you whole day about lunch! There are other meals too.

Today I am doing the Crossfit WOD. Its on their homepage if you want to check it out.

EZ, try not to make you whole day about lunch! There are other meals too.
That's just dumb. Sorry. Find a better name and maybe I'll get onboard.

The crossfit WOD was silly today. I almost died today doing it. By round 6 I was doing like 5 reps and then breaking. Silly.

Today is more traditional weight training. Don't have the intensity for a crossfit one today after playing hockey the last three nights in a row.

Today is a rest day. Yesterday I did:

For time:
115-lb. deadlifts, 50 reps
50 walking lunges
115-lb. back squats, 40 reps
115-lb. power cleans, 30 reps
30 burpee box jumps, 24 inch
115-lb. thrusters, 20 reps
20 toes-to-bars

Took me 24:10 ...I'm still wiped.

Here was Monday:
WOD:

For time:
50-calorie row
50 box jump overs, 24 inch
50 deadlifts, 180 lb.
50 wall-ball shots, 20-lb. ball
50 ring dips
50 wall-ball shots, 20-lb. ball
50 deadlifts, 180 lb.
50 box jump overs, 24 inch
50-calorie row

I modified it down to 35 reps for each because of my energy level and soreness. I know, sissy right?

Tuesday I did weight training for Biceps ,Triceps and Abs.

Tonight I have hockey so today is a rest day.

Oh, to be young.

I do find as I cross into my senior years that low rep, heavy weights are the ticket. Helps me with strength, mobility, and I believe, other things like weight control, and even cutting down on cold viruses - virtually none during the last two or three years.

But key is to avoid injury, because every one takes months to heal.

I do 5 sets at 5 reps three times a week: 235 lb back squat, 275 lb dead lift (5 singles), 145 bench and 125 OH press. If form is good, no injuries.

I also do tree ascensions, of course. Pic of my home gym.

This is getting good.

Nice gym Mick! Tough routine too. You have an old shoulder injury or something? Bench is out of line with the other disciplines no?

Marlin, is that your routine or from a gym you go to?

This is getting good.

Nice gym Mick! Tough routine too. You have an old shoulder injury or something? Bench is out of line with the other disciplines no?

I was the proverbial 98 pound weakling. Discovered weights at age 60. I guess I have no pecs or triceps to get beyond 145 bench. I heard that 245 is required for NFL players.

marlinspiker

This is getting good.

I go to a cross fit gym 3 or 4 days a week but on weekends do wods that require no equipment. Im working on building a gym in my garage. Rogue fitness has some really nice stuff.