My knuckleboom hooklift mecanil sg160 build

chipper1

Looks great.
What type of wood are you using for the matts in the picture.
I liked the video too. Don't get too excited guys it is just of the pictures, but he did a nice job with it, just needs music :banda: :rock:.

christreez

This may not work due to you being pretty heavy on the truck especially with a loaded box...
Even if you only had a box on the trailer, you would probably need better axles then what is pictured but then you could haul some serious weight. I think you could pull far more weight then you can carry on the back of your truck leagally.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

climbhightree

Looks great.
What type of wood are you using for the matts in the picture.
I liked the video too. Don't get too excited guys it is just of the pictures, but he did a nice job with it, just needs music :banda::rock:.
Adding music takes to much time...sry. I should recheck into it, least it used to be a major pain.

climbhightree

Tires are dirty.
Yeah and inside is already sawdusty

Plus I already got a slightly tweaked front bumper...not used to how far out it stick out, or turning radius of the truck. I caught a tree while backing out if a tight spot.

Oh and bent the grapple chainsaw bar a couple of times too.

All part of learning I guess.

climbhightree

Some updated pictures, of the new changes to the truck.

Hooklift container arrived
20180920_165533.jpg20180921_162928.jpg20180921_131834.jpg

New manual jib holders
20180926_095607.jpg20180926_095616.jpg

New 8 paddle remote (definitely better than a 6 paddle)
20180926_123504.jpg

The truck goes in for lettering in October, and there will be some other changes before November...where it will be on display in the Fassi booth at the TCI Expo.

I'm trying to keep it nice...but it hard to keep it perfect when it is out doing production. ☺

christreez

Have you had the truck on a set of scales since completion? I'm curious to know the actual weight of this truck vs what the build sheet said.

climbhightree

Have you had the truck on a set of scales since completion? I'm curious to know the actual weight of this truck vs what the build sheet said.

Sorry, I have not gotten it weighed yet. They supposedly weighed it, but I haven't seen that yet either. The crane shop is doing some modifications this week, while I'm on vacation. Once I get back, I'll tried to get it weighed with everything on it (but empty) except for mats/plywood.

Last edited:

climbhightree

I forgot to post newer pictures of the truck here, of after some modifications (more modifications plannned for the future)

Lower mat rack, with grapple saw mount. Holds 16 3x8 mats.20190318_074100.jpg

Pictures of the truck being used, crane and hooklift
20190517_132126.jpg20190506_164354.jpg20190502_142123.jpg20190502_143648.jpg20190315_111431.jpg

Many more on Facebook and Instagram

Some of the planned future mods
Re-design grapple mount (same location)
Cribbing holder between tires and container
Shovel/broom/log roller holders
Work on manual pullouts
Still need to see if I can mount grapple to main boom (guessing not without modifications)
Container changes and another one.

CanaryBoss

Looking good! Keep them coming. Love the color of that truck. Can you not store your boom with your manual jib? Also, where did you get that load cell and do you like it? Use it much? How does it communicate and how does it display to you what it reads?

How practical is it unloading your own mats? I’m assuming that whole cage unloads? I was going to make something similar but Was reminded I would have to set up twice to do that so I store my mats on other trucks.

climbhightree

Looking good! Keep them coming. Love the color of that truck. Can you not store your boom with your manual jib? Also, where did you get that load cell and do you like it? Use it much? How does it communicate and how does it display to you what it reads?

How practical is it unloading your own mats? I’m assuming that whole cage unloads? I was going to make something similar but Was reminded I would have to set up twice to do that so I store my mats on other trucks.
Yes I could leave my straight manual in the crane, but it is not setup for the grapple...just for a regular crane hook. My bent manual can't be left on.

Luv the color too....cant wait to get my chip truck colored the same eventually.

I requested the load cell shackle with the crane, so I don't really know who makes it or where it is from. It transmits the weight directly into the screen of my remote (but only shows to the nearest 100 lbs). I don't use it much but really like it. 20190517_214941.jpg
3000 lbs (3.0 in lower right corner by Crane hook symbol)
20190517_155731.jpg

Mat rack is bolted to the frame...so is removable but not really lol. 3x8 mats are not too hard to move with one person.

Last edited:

climbhightree

Looking good! Keep them coming.
Are you on Instagram? I was trying to find you on there the other day. I post a lot of my pictures on there, and follow most of the grapple saw trucks that are on it.

Another good place for information etc: there is a closed Facebook group called "mecanil grapple saw enthusiasts" submit a request to join and it will be accepted (just say you own one)