"Murdering Trees"...(Kevin Bingham)

treevet

I have yet to see my ole friend Guy Meilleur/Treeseer advocate for the scourge that is the Ch. elm. Is that not species bias?

I wanted to kick that thing right in the ass when it was kicked out of the bar for just plain nastiness, ugliness, public nuisance....drunk and disorderly....assault on a foundation....striking an overhang...emitting foul odors....

ROYCE

Yes, I try to steer folks with education...Some times they don't want to hear it.
Yup, Just took down a large oak tree because the homeowner is tired of raking up the acorns and leaves. Is that a silly excuse to remove the tree. Yes! But it is not my tree, my yard, or my time in raking up the mess. If it was my tree I would of kept it. However, it is not my tree. I cut it down, got paid and moved on to do this for a customer who cares about his trees pear tree root collar .jpg

Stihlmadd

I cut it down, got paid and moved on to do this for a customer who cares about his trees
thats the way to be , if cleaning up some nuts and leaves is such a imposition for having a beautiful asset in your yard is such a burden then you don't really deserve to have a tree in the first place.
shame you don't just sell up and move so another person can appreciate the value instead of being all selfish..
still I will take your money - mouths to feed and all that. :D

ROYCE

thats the way to be , if cleaning up some nuts and leaves is such a imposition for having a beautiful asset in your yard is such a burden then you don't really deserve to have a tree in the first place.
shame you don't just sell up and move so another person can appreciate the value instead of being all selfish..
still I will take your money - mouths to feed and all that. :D
Well said!!

CutHighnLetFly

the one time i feel the worst about doing removals is when im removing nice mature trees to gain longer periods of sunlight so that a homeowner who purchased a house in a wooded area can have the minimal % of sunlight needed to have solar panels installed.

why ooo whyyyyyyy do so many people call siberian elms, chinese elms. f*ck it im going to start calling them chinese elms too.. then jump off a bridge =(
Please google siberian elm then chinese elm. Learn the difference. If another tree guy tells homeowner their siberian elm is a chinese elm and I show up after and have to re educate the homeowner I'm going to cry.

frashdog

the one time i feel the worst about doing removals is when im removing nice mature trees to gain longer periods of sunlight so that a homeowner who purchased a house in a wooded area can have the minimal % of sunlight needed to have solar panels installed.
I'm pretty sure most places people have houses used to be covered by forest. Maybe not in the plains, but most places I'd imagine.

Jeff

but I bought in the area because of my love for the trees (until they got in my way) :tarjetaroja:
At my other job I do a lot of soil testing for new septic systems. On a regular basis, I'll be on a wooded vacant lot testing and the nosy neighbor comes tromping over. First usually to tell me to get off their property (because the realtor told them they own as far as they can see, when in reality, they have barely over an acre). Secondly, when they realize they're facing the prospect of getting a new neighbor, they'll tell me we "Can't build there because what about all of the trees, the birds, the rabbits and the deer? Oh it'll be an environmental disaster!" Then I look over at their maybe 3 year old 8500 square foot McMansion, with 4 a/c units screaming away to keep the place cool and visible heat shimmer coming off the in ground pool heater and ask "Where did your house come from? Did it just fall from the sky? Or did Mother Nature build it herself?"