MS 200T Mods

Jamin_Mayer

A little off topic question for the Canadian brothers.

What is it like cutting into wood when it is that cold? Is it harder to cut?

ehp

yes alot harder here, aspen times are around 22 to 23% slower than non frozen aspen, rock maple will take those real nice Shihl chains everyone screams about and break the teeth right off, here in the winter time alot of guys switch from oregon chain to carlton just because the carlton chain doesnot break as much, notching the tree is the hardest part on the chain, when your 2 cuts line up the chain just doesnot like it on 30 inch or better maple

rborist1

[ QUOTE ]
A little off topic question for the Canadian brothers.

What is it like cutting into wood when it is that cold? Is it harder to cut?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why the smart canuckle arborists get Ed to "perk" up our saws! /forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Mangoes

Ed, what I was wondering was if someone skilled, like yourself, was able to put a new piston & cylinder in it, could it still be tweaked to get osme more power, or should I just use the saw as a parts saw?

ehp

It would be easy to put another jug and piston on it but a few questions first, why are we putting a new jug and piston in it, did it burn up, no oil, just wore out.
The reasons for the questions in because it doesnot make much sense on spending this money if it is not going to last, and what kind of shape is the crank in cause if it has alot of hours on it I would say buy a new one and use the other one for parts .
One thing I have always tried to do is to try and get the person their best bang for the buck , some people may have a problem believing that it is not about the all mightly dollar.

Mangoes

She was running lean due to the cracked boot from the carb to the intake port. She started to feel 'tight' when running full throttle on the large Ash removal mentioned earlier. I stopped using it, gave her a real good cleaning and tuning, but she wouldn't run at idle. Exhausting my knowledge I took it to the dealer, it would run, and they said she's a parts saw, due to scored piston and cylinder. The saw is not that old, bought spring 2004. I already bought the replacement, can't work without one, and I thought if it was worth it I might have a pro put it back together with a bit more attitude.

ehp

If it doesnot have alot of hours on the crank then it might work, I would have to check the seals ae well

ehp

Both are very good saws to mod. the 460 cuts as well as the others in its class like the 7900 once ported. It has a higher rpm than the 7900 but just a little less torque so it equals out pretty much.
the 361 makes a real nice mid range saw and takes very well to porting, around here we run a 16 inch bar on them but they will run a longer one but we cut mostly rock maple.we use 20 inch on the bigger saws , very few guys use a 24 inch around here .
if you want a light saw to go up the tree to block with the 361 works well at that also

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
[ QUOTE ]
Poster boy contract eh? /forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha ha ha! You are saucey! /forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif