MS 192 T Recalls

Treespotter

Got mine fixed a month ago. Love the little gem. The lack of power doesn't bug me. The lack of picking up revs does.

Colin

Administrator
The 192 is kinda like a B & W TV. If you've never seen color (ms200t), then you'll probably be a happy camper.

frans

[ QUOTE ]
The 192 is kinda like a B & W TV. If you've never seen color (ms200t), then you'll probably be a happy camper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well 'MB', here I disagree with you. Like most people you are, in my opinion, confusing a specialized pruning saw with a workhorse saw.
The MS192T is an EXCELLENT pruning saw and out performs the Echo saws hands down. Just do a side-by-side comparison and you will agree.
Stihl has NEVER SAID the ms192t is a replacement for the ms200. I dont know why so many people are confused by this....

Colin

Administrator
Okay, "frans," I'll give it to you that it's a "pruning" saw.

Hahaha.

I guess I prefer the "takedown" saws, eh?

And a 16" bar!!!

Mangoes

Had my 192 repaired already too. Took the guys in the shop about 50mins. I wish I had put a 12 inch bar on it, I opted for the 14 so I only had to buy, maintain, and sort 1 chain for the 2 saws. Ah well....

Roger_Barnett

Eat your heart out boys.... Get a 192T and have it modded by Ed Heard as I did, and you've got a li'l dynamo, noticably lighter than the 200T.

This was an 8.5 second cut, versus a 7.1 from the 200T in this next video. But the next time I tested the two saws, it was a dead heat.....the saw is great in small wood!!

rborist1

Rog,

I will race you with one of my 200's and I assure you that it will not be a dead heat! /forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roger_Barnett

Weird, the videos that I posted are gone...and I thought I replied to ya, John.

Like the 335 Husky, the 192T crankcase bolts to the cylinder right at the centerline of the crankshaft, so each part has half the mating surface for the bearings and seals, thus the cylinder can't be decked to up the compression and change the squish. So that leaves porting the cylinder (exhaust/intake/transfers, and modding the muffler as the main mods that Ed did to the saw. It cuts about 30% faster than stock or a bit more, based on the videos he took.

All other saws that Ed and other good builders mod show cut times at least 40% faster, often a lot more!! As does the 200T's that Ed did for Craig, which are the only saws around that would surely relegate my hot 335 to the also ran division....

Ok jabberwock, you got me there....but just wait till the piped 5100 hits town...

Treespotter

[ QUOTE ]
Roger, what does it cost to have a Stihl 192T modded?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hà, And what does it cost me (total) to get it shipped to Holland. Would love to have one without to have to play with the revs before cutting.

ehp

I really didnot plan on modding many 192's but it would be $150 for a 192 and it is $200 for a 200, there is more carb work on a 200.

To Holland I have no idea but can find out if you want