Morning, evening or luchtime workout

andrus kokerov

What do you prefer and why? What kind of workouts do you do? How do you get yourself going?

Im trying to get my workouts now into the morning. Its kind of hard to get me going but i dont mind running in the morning. I wake up at 6, grab a banana and go running for 40 minutes. After that i eat breakefast and get to work at 8. I couldnt imagen doing weights or crossfit in the morning. Maybe im a sissy.

Why do i prefer workouts in the morning? No excuses. The workday may get longer and that could give me a excuse for skipping my workout. Also it dosent take time away from my family cause im free in the evening. Although lifting weights will be in the evening. The gyms here open at 7 enyway, so even if i would want do lift weights in the morning i would be late for work.

What do you prefer and why? What kind of workouts do you do? How do you get yourself going?

Im trying to get my workouts now into the morning. Its kind of hard to get me going but i dont mind running in the morning. I wake up at 6, grab a banana and go running for 40 minutes. After that i eat breakefast and get to work at 8. I couldnt imagen doing weights or crossfit in the morning. Maybe im a sissy.

Why do i prefer workouts in the morning? No excuses. The workday may get longer and that could give me a excuse for skipping my workout. Also it dosent take time away from my family cause im free in the evening. Although lifting weights will be in the evening. The gyms here open at 7 enyway, so even if i would want do lift weights in the morning i would be late for work.

Great thread...I personally am like you and would much prefer it to be over sooner rather then later. Its a great way to start your day off on the right foot and helps with relieving stress to get a psychologically ready for the day ahead. However, as I age I find my routine has changed from high intensity all the time (crossfit) to listening more to what my body needs and it seems to include more mobility and flexibility work. Without my foam roller and some mobility exercises for my shoulders, hips and spine I would be wrecked

Glad I ran into this post! Yoga at night, after everyone is settled was one of the best things I started doing. I would like to incorporate a workout throughout the week. I can feel the older I get (35) my body just isnt the same after work.

I like to run in the morning or swim but just started Jan 1st so we will see in April when the season kicks in. I hope to still run in the morning and swim in the evening. Time will tell!

Dblehron

After work! I get to mobilize throughout the day, jam a bunch of calories and water into me, and the evening workouts are cathartic for me - a good way to process things and unwind.

That being said I absolutely LOVE being in the weightroom, so if you do it out of necessity and not out of pleasure your mileage may vary. I know alot of people that don't move once their butt finds a couch at the end of the day.

SomethingWitty

I like some light cardio to wake up with, but I've started taking evening Jiu-Jitsu classes, and I think a couple of hours of pushing after work is where it is at. I get to burn whatever is left in the tank, all the snags from sitting in an awkward spot while I wait on my ground get worked out before sleep, and I get right to bed instead of piddling about for three extra hours playing on my phone because it's too late to play outside and too early for me to be exhausted.

Morning time for sure. I’ve been enjoying p90x for packed in workout in about 45 minutes including warmup and cool down. Wake at 5, breakfast and coffee at 6, work by 7. I’ve wanted to get into an after work routine as well to help keep the mind occupied and the cravings to just drink beer after work down.