monster

treebing

One of my guys drinks a lot of this stuff. It scares the ... out of me. It looks and smells toxic as hell. What is it? It must be incredibly addictive as they hardly sell normal pop at the gas station anymore. Perfectly legal and I have my vices as well but anyone else deal with or have concerns about monsters? Who here is addicted? People go so far as to put bumper stickers on their car promoting it.

wyoclimber

Yeah. That stuff is terrible. Check and see if it's got taurine in it. Taurine combined with strenuous exercise can cause heart failure. A few people, often teenagers, die every year because of it.

BRT

From what I can gather based on the labels, the ones I've looked at are 95% sugar (give or take).

Nothing I would touch, but there do seem to be a lot of people who are hooked.

Saw this on Facebook a while back. Good tinfoil hat theory's about the drink.

Hate the stuff myself, but I'd slam a Dr pepper like its nothing with grease.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

frashdog

I'm a monster addict, white zeros ones all the way! Clear no sugars.
The rare m-80 pineapple juice ones rock. Chaos juice is alright too.
Not all monsters are the same...
Green ones taste like shit and make me feel the same.

No stickers, yet as they have not offered us full sponsorship, yet. Ha

Vodka goes really great with the white. Better then redbull.

I heard of a monster rep having to have a stomach transplant!

I think they are illegal in Quebec. Hmmmm?

Last edited:

MrBill

Not sure about monster but i can tell you first hand that red bull vodkas can mess with you're heart, about 12 years ago me and the boys were out doing our thing and i had a few red bull vodkas felt fine that night, next day after the gym my heart went into a crazy rhythm. turned out to be atrial fibrillation, scared the crap out of me! you're talking about an athletic guy in his mid twenties not being able to walk up a set of stairs without gassing out. spent 2 days in the hospital where they "reset" my heart rythem. I thought my life was over, definitely changed me, started to think twice about what i put in my body for sure.

frashdog

Not sure about monster but i can tell you first hand that red bull vodkas can mess with you're heart, about 12 years ago me and the boys were out doing our thing and i had a few red bull vodkas felt fine that night, next day after the gym my heart went into a crazy rhythm. turned out to be atrial fibrillation, scared the crap out of me! you're talking about an athletic guy in his mid twenties not being able to walk up a set of stairs without gassing out. spent 2 days in the hospital where they "reset" my heart rythem. I thought my life was over, definitely changed me, started to think twice about what i put in my body for sure.
For real!
Impending doom.
Messing with your ticker.

Jeff

My wife is an athletic trainer and has problems with this all the time, specifically with Monster but also with the other energy drinks. No fatalities or close calls yet, but kids trembling, getting dizzy, fainting, etc, etc. One of the first things she asks them is what they had to eat so far that day. 9 times out of 10, "Nothing, but I had 3 Monsters instead."