Monkey Beaver harness

TimBr

@Tony Martinez; Great! I'm really jealous of your situation. To have found out about climbing trees at such a young age, at a time in the history of the technology when all of the coolest innovations have just recently been developed and are available for you to try. You'll have many strong years to take advantage of all of it. I'm really happy for your circumstance. I wish you many years of safe, enjoyable climbing.

Tim

Jehinten

I have noticed some wear on my sequoia and am looking at this harness as a replacement. Are any of you bigger climbers running this harness and what are your thoughts on comfort, how's it wearing, and back support?

Thanks,
Justin

39Buick

I have noticed some wear on my sequoia and am looking at this harness as a replacement. Are any of you bigger climbers running this harness and what are your thoughts on comfort, how's it wearing, and back support?

Thanks,
Justin
I have been using the MB for better part of a year as a rec climber so I'm not sure how much weight my review would carry.
I am a bit over 250 and I love mine. Hanging in the suspension or laid back in the side D's it is a very comfortable saddle. I can't really comment much about durability as I don't climb every day and i don't punish it as much as a working climber would. Also I have found a pair of suspenders were a game changer for me to keep the MB in just the right spot without having to constantly pull it up after moving around the tree.
Hopefully some folks that use it in a work environment will chime in and share their experience with you. Good Luck!

Alejandro Concolor

Thanks,
Justin
I personally didn’t care for the MB. But I’m the only one I know with that opinion, everyone else loves it. Idk. But for that much $ look into the Buckingham Ergo Pro (not ergovation) it looks like it is Way better for heavier dudes.

JCJC7

I just got the MB saddle and it’s awesome I was using the Cougar it was good but I love the MB. My boss told me about the decals he don’t like them, lol.

TallTreeClimber

I mean this in the best possible way: that is a harness for fat people by fat people. It's made for americans by americans. And I include myself in that group. I'm a 6'8" 245lbs big American, and if I climbed trees for a living I would have to try that out. As it is I have a sequoia, and if I sit in that for any length of time at all, my legs get a lil numb, so I know I'd appreciate that MB saddle.

ghostice

I've noted before - leg aches was a problem with me and my Sequoia esp. when cabling without a great place to stand. MB with the extra leg pads fixed this and haven't had the leg aches for couple of years since - on spurs or not. It's just a great harness I think (I use with suspenders - 34" waist/ 175 lbs - size M).