Modified Bulldog OAR

surveyor

Sure Caleb, once I receive a material order, I can make another and let you try it out. I'll let you know when I have one built.

surveyor

I have addressed the issue of the OAR sticking on the line during ascent by adding a spring to the lower arm. Here is a short video demonstrating this functional improvement.

ontheropes

:DI like the concept of being able to switch from Srt to Ddrt with the same setup with no extra gear but a carabiner. Keep up the great work. I would love to run one when they hit production I'm in. Great idea!:D

surveyor

Ok here is an OAR with a spring on the lower arm to make it "stick" better when transitioning from ascent to descent. The advantage of the mechanical OAR is that it has virtually no sitback, is quick and easy to install on the line, and is lasting well with continuous everyday use for nearly 2 years now (UK user, two arm OAR DdRT).

Thanks to Dean, my young video operator.

surveyor

Here is another OAR I made that had an adjustable cantilever on the bottom arm. I do still like the thought of an extended lower arm for use as the release arm.