Bungy 11mm
Bungy Climbing Innovations 4mm Dyneema
Rock Exotica Orca

Climb kit 3.jpg

Climb line
Yale Imori 12mm
New England WR2 5mm (tagline etc)
Rock Exotica stainless D
DMM 8mm SS thimble (for throwing weight)
Akimbo
Rock Exotica RockO

Hook line
New England KM III Max 11mm
DMM Captain Hook
BOLA
Rock Exotica RockO

Lanyard
Sterling Tritech 11mm
New England Epicord 9mm (Michoacan)
ISC snap
DMM Hitch Climber Rapide
Rock Exotica RockO

RBJtree

View attachment 61368

View attachment 61367

Marsupialized and Ligerized MCRS
New England HRC 8mm
New England Dyneema sleeve medium
New England WR2 3mm
New England Imori 12mm
QPowerLine QLeaderLine 6mm
Wild Country figure 8
SMC aluminium rings
CT rigging plates
Rock Exotica Rook
CT RollNLock
Singing Tree Quickie
Singing Rock Porter
Rock Exotica Transporter
I really kind of want to take all the webbing out of my treemo, buy a couple rigging plates and some rope and make my own rope saddle. This is fueling my desire.

RBJtree

I'd love to see that mod.
I can't bring myself to cut the stitching on my 6 month old $500 dollar saddle... yet. Plus there is the waist buckle and leg loop buckles to think about. Not unsolvable, but I don't have a viable solution yet.

Bango Skank

You could try placing a “wanted to buy” add on TreeBay asking for a retired TM.
Maybe the original TM lower Ds could work without adding rigging plates.
I think the idea is brilliant and can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t work. Might end up with something that’s really no different than a TM though. Probably a little heavier even but might be a great saddle, who knows?
I’m pretty sure I got a grommeted waist belt around that came off a fall arrest harness. If you could use it, it’s yours.

RBJtree

You could try placing a “wanted to buy” add on TreeBay asking for a retired TM.
Maybe the original TM lower Ds could work without adding rigging plates.
I think the idea is brilliant and can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t work. Might end up with something that’s really no different than a TM though. Probably a little heavier even but might be a great saddle, who knows?
I’m pretty sure I got a grommeted waist belt around that came off a fall arrest harness. If you could use it, it’s yours.
I'm going to post the wtb. Thats a great idea! I might take you up on that waist belt too!

Mowerr

I love 10mm epicord bc I can fit a revolver or quickie through the sewn eyes and it's strong enough for anything.....I love using rope over webbing and I use my 10mm epi i2i for all those apps and more.
Nice gear dude

That's awesome! How are the side rings held in place?
DSC_0134.JPG

Thanks!
For now the 3mm WR2 is just stuck through the upper HRC and then tied off around it with half hitches.

By the way, that black and yellow sleeve (QPowerLine) is supposed to be Dyneema, but the fibers are fused, or embedded in something. What is it, and have you seen Dyneema like that anywhere else?

Last edited:

Brocky

The website of the Q Line states it’s all spectra, with a linear construction, wonder what that means. They call the outer layer overbraiding, rather than a cover. It looks like the core is solid? Perhaps the core and overbraiding stick together because of the way it’s manufactured. Any idea what is the diameter and break strength?

It's about 6mm, don't remember the strength, bought it many years ago. In the center there is a 2-3mm sausage of neoprene, then there is normal linear dyneema core, then the mystical "overbraiding".