Marlow ropes

Brocky

You’re right about the wearing, but I like that it slides easier than the polyester. Sterling cord’s cover is very tightly braided and has never bunched. New England Ropes accessory cord is the opposite.
The Technora covers usually have a dyneema core, so the heat resistance, if needed, is in the cover. I’ve also done vectran cores in nylon covers, and just use the Sterling cord by itself for SRT hitches, for it’s firmness and easy sliding.

Mowerr

You’re right about the wearing, but I like that it slides easier than the polyester. Sterling cord’s cover is very tightly braided and has never bunched. New England Ropes accessory cord is the opposite.
The Technora covers usually have a dyneema core, so the heat resistance, if needed, is in the cover. I’ve also done vectran cores in nylon covers, and just use the Sterling cord by itself for SRT hitches, for it’s firmness and easy sliding.
When u say u use the sterling cord itself for srt hitches are you refering to a custom cord you made using sterling's cover if not, which cord are you referring to?
I have a bunch of sterling rope and cords so im just curious

Brocky

Just the accessory cord as it comes off the reel. 7mm and 8mm are the ones I use, there is a 9mm, but for some reason Sterling changes the cover and it has a lower break strength than the 8. I mainly climb on 9 and 10mm HTP.