lurking women, care to introduce yourselves?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can be semi-retired AND have two children!!! You just have limited the number of hours spent at your OTHER job!

And, ladies, never say you are too old. I am 55 and started climbing last year (like JerseyGirl!). Granted I won't be putting anyone out of a job but it feels good to constantly challenge yourself. (Not to say I am slow, but if I were to enter the Geezer challenge everyone would need lawn chairs, drinks and dinner, possibly a movie to watch...)

It's great to see there are so many other ladies out there working (or enjoying) the trees!

Sylvia

I think it's fantastic that you started climbing last year and would consider entering the 2009 Geezer Invitational, to be held in the beautiful town of Windermere, FL sometime in January...The perfect time to skadiddle away from Montana for a week or so, don't you think??

ALL you ladies really are quite inspirational ~ young and not AS young
. I am 39 and eligible for the Geezers in 09 myself. I don't climb very often at all, but really want to. I'm inspired to get off my rump and train and maybe I'll see you there!!

[ QUOTE ]
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can be semi-retired AND have two children!!! You just have limited the number of hours spent at your OTHER job!

Sylvia

[/ QUOTE ]

She's not telling the whole story
...there's more than 2 "little Woods".

Hope all is well with you and the other Woods, tell Mr I said hello.

Hey Sugar!

I think Sylvia was talking about "333". I'm pretty sure that even if people Don't know us, they STILL know we have a ton of kids. At least everyone within a 10 mile radius knows we have a bunch!

We are doing great and hope the same for ya'll. I'll forward your greetings onto the Mister. Hope to see you soon, Eric!

PS. Notice how the Mr. and I are the only ones smiling? We were saying "get over here and smile!" through clenched teeth....Just a little peek into the inner workings of the Wood family!

Attachments

[ QUOTE ]
I competed in KY last year with Anne from Missouri and we were the first to compete in that chapter. That kind of reinforced how much I need to be in the tree industry.
:

[/ QUOTE ]
Jen (and Anne) We can't thank you enough for your participation. Hope your Louisville Slugger reminds you of that...

You know it Roger... I think about it all the time and I have the certificate hanging on the wall at my desk at work.
I absolutely LOVE the bat....Thanks again for the opportunity to climb down there ...

Hello, my name's Ann and I live in Columbia, Missouri. Thank you for the great opportunity to climb AND for the kick butt bat, Roger. It was great climbing in KY and great to be able to climb with you, Jen. For those that didn't see the post this fall, the KY chapter gave Jen and I Louisville Slugger baseball bats that had inscribed "Thanks for breaking the ice" since we were the first women to compete in the KY chapter. I treasure my bat!

I work as an urban forester for the state and climb in the Midwest ISA chapter. This June 14th will be my third MW chapter competition and last year I got to compete in Hawaii where I got to meet new ladies like Rhonda and Carla and ladies that I had admired from seeing at other competitions like Kathy, Wenda, Christy, Elena, Kiah, etc.

There are two other ladies in my area who are interested in climbing. One works for a municipality where she has been doing some climbing work and is tempted to try the chapter competition. The other has taken some climbing training and is considering purchasing some equipment to practice.

Thanks for creating this forum.

Ann Koenig

Hi Ann!!

Hope to see you in St Louis if I make it!
You inspired me last year with your crazy training regime in between work and your family life, so I'm doing my best to try and train every day. I don't know how you did it though. I'm very impressed with your dedication!

Ladies,

If you ever wished of competing, but are short on time, just ask Ann how she does it. She's truly amazing!!

Wow, leave the forum for a few days and look what happens, eh? I just now saw this thread so I think I'll pop in for a few rounds. I'm Tchukki Andersen, Staff Arborist for TCIA (tres cool job!). I worked as an arborist in Portland, Oregon for 16 years before landing an urban forestry position in Florida a couple of years ago (I know, don't ask me what I was thinking). Now I'm at TCIA HQ in NH working hard for the tree care industry.

Big "HI" to Mrs. Morningwood (did you make it up here for New England Grows? I got snowed out, myself) and Scotty from Fl. (I miss you guys!). Treebeach and Marcy, I'll be seeing you guys for our gear check soon!

Since I am servant of the industry, let me know how I can assist you in assisting the trees. Green wristband, anybody?

Boy, there were a lot of us lurking, weren't there?

Wertreelovers, I wear a lot of hats as Staff Arborist. I write for 3 of our four publications, including TCI Magazine (which I also edit for arboricultural mistakes, but sometimes they still slip through....doh!), I answer questions about arboriculture from consumers and our members all over the country (think of me as the Tree Surgeon General for the country), and I help compile some of the training materials we put out there. I am currently writing the best managment practices for crane use in tree care in hopes that everybody stops shock loading cranes by overloading with the big tree parts.

Jersey Girl, if you want another green wristband, pm me your address and I'll get one out to you. Same with eveyone else. In fact, I will try to get them to some of the TCC's around the country by sending them via courier (i.e. someone from this area who is going).

Welcome Tchukki! It's fun to see who pops up! I have actually spoken with you on the telephone re idiot concrete companies convincing public works dept personnel that it is perfectly fine to cut off half the tree roots for sidewalk repair!!! This was last year and I have no doubt you don't remember as you are a very busy person.

However, a followup on that...we got the project stopped for the season and policy revamped. So my being a PITA (but vocal) Certified Arborist helped out. Thanks for your input on that!

Sylvia

Hi Tchukki!!!

Hell no, we didn't get to NE Grows! I can't even get to Scotty's house to climb Dammit!

How was your record snowfall winter in NH? I won't mention anything about how sunshiney and warm it is here in Florida. I wouldn't do that to you.

I really, really hope to run into you somewhere soon. We'll be coming up several times over the next several months because our oldest is participating in a medical study in Burlington. So maybe I'll come bug you.

PS. Good on you, Sylvia! Go get em!!

Rhonda, great to hear from you. I'm really hopeful that I do well enough at my chapter competition to be able to climb in St. Louis with you and other ladies this year.

Are you competing for sure in the international competition this year?

Ann

[ QUOTE ]
(think of me as the Tree Surgeon General for the country),

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, what an awesome job! Congratulations! It must be really satisfying to know you are steering our industry in a positive direction. Thanks for sharing!

Hope to see you at a future TCIA show on the West Coast.

-Rhonda

[ QUOTE ]
Rhonda, great to hear from you. I'm really hopeful that I do well enough at my chapter competition to be able to climb in St. Louis with you and other ladies this year.

Are you competing for sure in the international competition this year?

Ann

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Ann!!

Our competition is on June 14th & 15th in Sacramento, so I'll know for sure then. How about you? When is your TCC?

I'm working my hardest to get there, but we'll see. It's gotta be the best in the West!!

I'll let ya know in June.

-Rhonda

roxy

Hi all,
I'm Rebecca Seibel-Hunt and I am part owner, along with my (life) partner Beth and sweet, polite, climber man Tony Sackett. We run Majestic Tree Care in Minneapolis, MN doing pruning, removals, planting and PHC. We also have exclusive distribution rights for BioBuzz 100% biodegradeable chainsaw bar and chain oil. I climbed a little in the first 2 years of the company, but being third in a crew of three behind Tony S and (MN 2008 TCC) Turner Lee, I usually only got to climb when the job was large and the company was small. I now spend all my time selling and talking. Yesterday, though, I wished I was in the TCC again, so after a slight setback of a torn MCL skiing in CO and a year to recuperate, I believe I'm going to try to get back to some climbing, even if I've got to do it on the weekends. It's really more fun to be in the trees. Any other lurkers should shout out; most people I've met in tree climbing are stellar humans and you should get to know us! Cheers, Rebecca