Luke Glines

Riggs

Come on Glenn, People are doing their best here. No one was sitting there snickering going 'watch this...'. It is easy to second guess the call and the play but try to put yourself in the shoes of these guys.

Comps are belabored with safety concerns, no one knows whats going to happen in every given scenario and people are always trying to err on the side of caution. Events like this only increase the scrutiny we put on things and we don't need people just trying to make others feel bad for what was done in good faith.
Really Bonner ? been in their shoes . wear them . Think I'm still wearing them . I'd like to give you a "break " here but , no .

ACCOUNTABILITY ... look it up . Say we were at a table , drinking Latte ? and we were discussing this , at no point you wouldn't question the accountability of the tech and head judge ? No ? it 's all on the contestant ? now we need albert Einstein s grand kids analyzing the failure ? Again give me a " BREAK" Wait , we are like the millennial generation of climbers and techs , can't hurt anyone's feelings or put undue pressure on them ( like get out of the bucket ) . I am so Glad Luke is okay , from this post I read , the climber took a chance , the tech and head judge did as well . It was head Techs fault and Head Judge . Don't blame the tree or bad luck , own it ! " GIVE ME A BREAK "

Riggs

Come on Glenn, People are doing their best here. No one was sitting there snickering going 'watch this...'. It is easy to second guess the call and the play but try to put yourself in the shoes of these guys.

Comps are belabored with safety concerns, no one knows whats going to happen in every given scenario and people are always trying to err on the side of caution. Events like this only increase the scrutiny we put on things and we don't need people just trying to make others feel bad for what was done in good faith.
Really Bonner ? I don't wear their shoes ? why's that ? Mine are boots anyway .
Accountability - who ?
climber -was he warned ?
Head tech -yes .
Head Judge -yes .
You can listen to all the millennial excuse's you want. I've got to be nice ?! Make sure you don' hurt their feelings , they might go on social excuse media .

Do you really need Albert Einstein's fan club trying to figure out how the TIP broke ? Really ? Some one needs to own this , and it is not the climber . " GIVE ME A BREAK "

Calling Bull sh*t on this one .

This is a TCC committee failure ! you can not blame the contestant ! From the time between set up and gear inspection , till the actual climb , it should not be at the discretion of the climber what limb to use as a TIP . " Give Me A BREAK "