Looking to buy my first knuckle boom crane with a grapplesaw.

Gerasimek

If you're in Indiana go with Palfinger USA in Tiffin, OH. They've built more than anyone. They stock parts for your crane and grapple saw. They have awesome support with traveling techs that can fix you up while you're on the job. If they don't have the part at their plant they can drop ship it to your address from the North American Palfinger plant in Niagara. You don't have to wait for a part to ship from overseas. Their parts department is on point all the time and they have a couple guys that are dedicated "tree-mek techs. When you buy it they come out and teach you how to use it for a couple days.
I know I sound like a salesman but I'm just a very happy customer. Out hey built my 1st one and I'll be picking up my new tree-mek this month.

CanaryBoss

I have a 37 m ton effer with a jib like the rest of the treemeks and love it. Skip the little altec unit that don't have a jib, It's going to run short on large trees. Not to mention the gmt saw drifts down after u make a cut. U can't have that when working in critical area's around wires or close to roofsView attachment 54016
Are You saying that when you make a cut you’re able to hold it vertically? I demoed some altecs today. I hated the way that the limbs drifted down automatically. Are you able to hold them vertically with your truck?

climbhightree

Are You saying that when you make a cut you’re able to hold it vertically? I demoed some altecs today. I hated the way that the limbs drifted down automatically. Are you able to hold them vertically with your truck?
Yes you can....if the piece is not super heavy. Light, you can easily hold vertical or at its original angle. Medium, the grapple holds it vertical...but the knuckle (above the rotator while tilt some. Heavy the grapple will tilt along with the knuckle

islandedge

Here's a job from yesterday. Its not the best picture but i screen shot it from a video i did off my phone for you to get its potential.Screenshot_2019-04-03-04-31-05~2.png

islandedge

Now let me call out @allmarkhe has more knowledge in the effer/altec movement with the gmt than i do. He has run/demo the gmt saw and i guess they may have added a feature/button u hold to prevent it from drifting like the earlier models from last year??