Looking for change...

TCtreeswinger

Putting a feeler out. 9 years experience. Certified for 2 or 3. Clean class A. 2nd year of fulltime sales/training/management. I also have my own llc and equipment.

Im looking for a change. Looking to work with other preservation minded arborists who actually care. I have fallen out of love with climbing but im certainly open to still doing it. I would like a mixture of sales/consults and field work i.e. rcx, phc, pruning etc.

I am not a businessman so running a whole show turned out poorly for me. Im open to pay structure and even business structure. Coop? Partnership? Small company ready to grow? Davey bartlett and savatree dont bother i dont wanna hear "you didnt sell enough fert this year"

Fairly disheartened with the industry as of late and if i cant find a way to be happy doing it i need to get out before i get any older. Located in st. Paul MN cannot relocate at this point. Shoot me a message here with any inquiries

Levi.CO

The link in your website for "living wage" states 13 per hour for your area, but your site states more dollars for those with "extras" haha, like extra arms? Looks like the average 1 bedroom flat in your area is about 1k per month. With 40 hour weeks at 13 you're looking at less than 2k monthly income after taxes... I think the website is misleading or flawed unless it is reasonable to spend more than 50 percent of your income for housing. You can click to join or donate though, hopefully to improve research capabilities. https://justeconomicswnc.org/about-living-wage.html

What kinda desperate sucker goes for that? Franchise No. 1037 McDonalds Tree Service.

Looks like a dishwasher at the Over Easy Cafe can start at $14, with no extras!!

Levi.CO

Putting a feeler out. 9 years experience. Certified for 2 or 3. Clean class A. 2nd year of fulltime sales/training/management. I also have my own llc and equipment.

Im looking for a change. Looking to work with other preservation minded arborists who actually care. I have fallen out of love with climbing but im certainly open to still doing it. I would like a mixture of sales/consults and field work i.e. rcx, phc, pruning etc.

I am not a businessman so running a whole show turned out poorly for me. Im open to pay structure and even business structure. Coop? Partnership? Small company ready to grow? Davey bartlett and savatree dont bother i dont wanna hear "you didnt sell enough fert this year"

Fairly disheartened with the industry as of late and if i cant find a way to be happy doing it i need to get out before i get any older. Located in st. Paul MN cannot relocate at this point. Shoot me a message here with any inquiries
Might be worthwhile to seriously consider a new path, like you say. Everyone is different of course but from my personal experience once you get that feeling, it's over and quality will steadily decrease. Maybe like when you got that feeling about your girlfriend, it was over, but you stayed in it, because maybe she had a sweet ass, and you just didn't know what else you would do, but it just always got worse, until one night you had to grab your dog and a handful of clothes and jump out the back window while she slept, never to return...

colb

Might be worthwhile to seriously consider a new path, like you say. Everyone is different of course but from my personal experience once you get that feeling, it's over and quality will steadily decrease. Maybe like when you got that feeling about your girlfriend, it was over, but you stayed in it, because maybe she had a sweet ass, and you just didn't know what else you would do, but it just always got worse, until one night you had to grab your dog and a handful of clothes and jump out the back window while she slept, never to return...
:LOL:

TCtreeswinger

I was more the guy to pick my clothes up off the lawn cause i already moved on and howd you know im an ass man? Like my dad taught me dont quit one job until youve got another (probably shouldnt have used that in my love life). Trees are still fun some days but the dilemna is huge pay cut to start over in something i may hate so im willing to take a paycut for something new where i may be happy in trees again. I feel like nothing else has the variety of people places and things that trees have to offer so im reluctant to leave. I suppose i dont know until i try.. trees will always be here.. Hopefully

Last edited:

PLEASE call us! We are in Lino Lakes and would love to talk!! 651.779.3729

Levi.CO

I was more the guy to pick my clothes up off the lawn cause i already moved on and howd you know im an ass man? Like my dad taught me dont quit one job until youve got another (probably shouldnt have used that in my love life). Trees are still fun some days but the dilemna is huge pay cut to start over in something i may hate so im willing to take a paycut for something new where i may be happy in trees again. I feel like nothing else has the variety of people places and things that trees have to offer so im reluctant to leave. I suppose i dont know until i try.. trees will always be here.. Hopefully
I only expect that the good tree worker shortage will increase, so yeah probably can always go back. It's scary though but I'm still going to bail, I'll let you know how it goes.

TCtreeswinger

I mind dont the incohesive banter i read oakwilt and spyders posts (just kidding) just hate to see another tree guy disappear. Where is your shift to? Ice cream server? Homesteading? Oil tycoon?

Levi.CO

It's some real skunkwerks type shit, I can't talk about it until it happens.

Only kidding, but I don't want to jinx myself or kill the plan by talking about it too much, it's not that exciting anyways, just something different. Retail stuff kinda.

TimberJack

What would you do different to make the whole show work for you? In my area I see new tree service start ups everywhere you look. I sometimes ponder why not me... how many of these shows will make it through the winter or next economic down turn. Certainly being part of a well established outfit has its benefits. Why have some of you guys jumped ship to swim on your own and or sold out to work for the big guns?

Levi.CO

For me, I left the employee lifestyle because I simply could not stand it, for many reasons. I still liked tree work at the time so it was fun for a while after starting a business but that has lost its excitement after about 4 years.